TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I'm gonna sell it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm gonna sell it.

Sure enough. Love the car, hate the maintenance. Not sure whether I should sell it before or after my sailing trip. I'm tempted to sell it before, but reluctant to go through the hoops it involves. To tell the truth, I'm really kind of torn up about it. Do I sell the TT, keep the Jeep, let the wife pick a car of equal value to the TT? Do I sell the TT, sell the Jeep, give the wife half of the return and let each of us pick our own car? Do I sell the TT, buy a Vette, let the wife keep the Jeep (wife would be PISSED!)? Do I keep both the TT and the Jeep? I do love them both, but I've had the Jeep for 7 years and the TT for 4. That's really about as long as I've ever driven any car. What would any of you do in a similar situation?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would any of you do in a similar situation?

Heh heh...Sell em both, go sailing, figure it out when you get back.....:-)

You'll probably have a whole different perspective then..As well as no money and no job.....That may be a determinant. (just a guess)
Old 11-06-2008, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agreed...

I'm just scared that I would never come back from sailing if I had the boat, the woman, and 20k+ in cash on-hand!
Seriously, I'm sure I'll wait until we get back in June, but my mind wanders during the meantime. You've met my wife. Driving that V8 Jeep KILLS her (read: treehugger)! I jokingly call her V-8lin as opposed to Caitlin. She wants badly for me to sell the car, keep the Jeep, and let her get a Subaru or a Mini. I sure could enjoy a used C6 though. Damnit!!!!! It doesn't help that I'm drinking a half-gallon of Rogue Dead Guy ale ;-)
Old 11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default LOL.....>

Drinking + decision makeing = bad JuJu..:-)

But yeah, I think you'll have a different world view opon your return...
Old 11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've come to believe that...

I'm like my father in many ways. And the point of this statement is that when he talks about a '69 GTO Judge that he had once upon a time, he let it go with the belief that he was done with the car and could get back to it later at some point in his life. He never did get another one, but talks about it much like I find myself talking about the TT. I make my last payment in a few months...at which point it will be mine. I have no plans of letting go lest I end up like dear old Dad.

Were I in your shoes, I would find a means of holding on to the TT if only for the possibility that I might find myself missing it during any prolonged absence. See if the fire still burns. If it seems to have gone out, then you'll know what to do.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

sell the wife?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Rest In Peace

Default give her>>>

the scooter! ;-)

I gotta agree, do not make a decision while drinking....

and you are also assuming you will get 20k for the TT, which may be tough in this market....

Just a thought...
Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nah, I'm guessing that...

I'd be lucky to get 17 for the TT, really. Jeep is worth maybe 5-7. And I also can't make any decisions on my own without getting into trouble in some way. You and Schwing both know how that works!! :-)
Old 11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Rest In Peace

might cost him the boat! ;-)
Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

The *** end anyway...:-)

Quick Reply: I'm gonna sell it.