TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Info from H2Sport on the Spherical Bearing front LCA kit for the TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah... it really kinda sucks. A lot of the guys who were running P-cars and E46's seem to be

picking up all the old 3 series BMW's and turning those into track rats. The track day I did on Monday was a PCA day, so it was primarily P-cars, with a few other freaks in there.... myself in my f'n amazing 92 Acura Integra GS-R (VTEC YO!!!!!), a "Monte Carlo" (which turned out to be a Winston West race car), an Elise, couple Evo's, STi's, and Zed06's. Needless to say, I was pwn3d in a straight line. But the Integra could keep up with all but a couple Z06's and GT3's in my run group thru the corners. After exit and in the big braking zones, that was a little different.

The STi would be an absolute animal out there, but I'm just too skeered that somebody would put me in the wall or stuff me at the end of the straight. Not worth the risk. If you decide to go EVO or STi shopping, shoot me a message and I can help you out with a couple helpful tips that might save you some $$$ and heartache. If there were no other cars on the track and I had some kind of insurance on the car, I'd love to play with the STi out there. Damn lawyers.

You can always go camber plates, susp, Stg3 and go hunting with that. And as far as tires go, if you're a bit inventive, I'll bet you can stuff more under that thing than you think you can. I just managed to get 255's all the way around the STi with a little fender work. But I've got camber plates front/rear and coilovers with pretty aggressive spring rates coming (to add to all the other suspension goodies I already have), so I can stay off the tires pretty easy just by the car not moving much. Are you on R compound tires??
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The thing is - there are inherent limitation in the TT no matter how much $$$ you throw at it....

not to mention how much big turbo kits and tuning are for a TT compared to STI's or EVO's.

I am running Rcomps - Nitto NT01's in 235/40/17 on 17x8's 35mm et's. That tire is fat for a 235 and i'm getting just a tad of rubbing somewhere in the front under major lift/load situations - nothing that is damaging the tire in anyway but i'd be sacred to try and run anything anywider. Nothing really to roll fender wise on the TT and with strut location - I can't go wider rim unless I lessen the offset.

For me track days right now are about improving consistency. The car isn't my limitation - I am. I'm more interested in coming up with solutions that help it take the pounding that the track dishes out. Once I get to the next level driving wise - then I'll worry more about specific setup etc.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I see. That's not a bad boat to be in. If the car was the limitation, you're in a different

situation for sure. Then more tire/brake pad budget and loads of track time outta do it. Not sure if you have something similar, but the guy in the WRX I parked next to on Monday was running a V-Box Mini, which was really cool. I think I may pick one up just for fun. You can upload lots of data from it to a PC, including line, laptimes, etc. I think this would be a great tool for the nut behind the wheel. ;-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=VBOX-Products-VBOX_Mini">Teh V-Box</a></li></ul>
Old 06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually... they may be a little different... it was actually the "Performance Box" that he

had in his car. Here's a link to the US contact.

If I keep the S2000 too, maybe I'll buy a Drift Box, yo!<ul><li><a href="http://vboxusa.com/performancedrift/">Performance Box.</a></li></ul>
Old 06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty cool little setup. I'm not worrying to much about lap times right now

cause I'm worried that I'll focus on them rather than driving smoothly which will inherently make me faster :-)
Old 06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Joe - I want; are we still thinking GB somehow, or what?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm talking to two manufacturers right now - H2Sport has the kit available, the other

has the ability to make them. Based upon what I want to buy - i'll see if they are willing to do a group buy. I'm also seeing if it has to be a full kit - front and rear postion on the LCA or if they will be able to do rear only.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I want both rear and front, and the MK4 arm is set up like TT MK1 >

so the front bearings for that ought to work with Defcons - check out the powerthane options for the MK4 control arms on the H2S site, and of course, that's one reason we can still purchase the MK1 front bushes - that the front matches.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Size wise they may work with Decons - but........

given the fact they are designed to be pressed into cast steel not cnc machined aluminum - they may require Defcons be removed and sphericals sized for the MKII arms be used. The kit is made for the TT - which has MKII sized bushes in it. I'm still waiting to hear back on that.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Info from H2Sport on the Spherical Bearing front LCA kit for the TT

I've got nothing but good things to say about H2Sport. Not only do the people there know what they are talking about but they also live, eat and breath all things VAG.

If you get the chance and are in Georgetown, it's worth the stop to say hi to both Jay and Tom.

Quick Reply: Info from H2Sport on the Spherical Bearing front LCA kit for the TT