TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

info needed on on first TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info needed on on first TT

Hi all,
I just got my 16 year old daughter a 2003 TT 225 coupe. There was no manual with the car. I have a couple of questions for you folks out there.
1. How important is it to run high octane gas. We just filled the tank with regular gas before I noticed the fuel grade on the gas door.
2. I found a quick reference guide on line. It says that you can automatically roll the windows down by keeping the remote unlock button depressed. It doesnt seem to work. It works with the key inthe lock and keeping it turned in the door but not the remote. Any suggestions?
3. The gas and temp gauge seemto be off. When the car is cold and you turn onthe ignition the temp gauge ends up at almost half. After it is warm its almost at the last mark. We ran out of gas when the gas gauge said 1/4 full.
4. Does anyone have a electronic copy of the manual for a 2003 coupe? Or direct me where toget one.
5. I have only 1remote. Where can I get another one besides the dealer.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Bob-O
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bugsTT
Hi all,
I just got my 16 year old daughter a 2003 TT 225 coupe. There was no manual with the car. I have a couple of questions for you folks out there.
1. How important is it to run high octane gas. We just filled the tank with regular gas before I noticed the fuel grade on the gas door.
2. I found a quick reference guide on line. It says that you can automatically roll the windows down by keeping the remote unlock button depressed. It doesnt seem to work. It works with the key inthe lock and keeping it turned in the door but not the remote. Any suggestions?
3. The gas and temp gauge seemto be off. When the car is cold and you turn onthe ignition the temp gauge ends up at almost half. After it is warm its almost at the last mark. We ran out of gas when the gas gauge said 1/4 full.
4. Does anyone have a electronic copy of the manual for a 2003 coupe? Or direct me where toget one.
5. I have only 1remote. Where can I get another one besides the dealer.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Bob-O
The gas is no problem short term car will retard ignition and lose power , just use premium going forward.

Running the windows up and down , hold the switch down at both up and down it should reset the windows.

Their is a program called VAG.com (by Ross-tech) that can run full diagnostics on the car and also check the cluster. If you are planning to keep the car it might be worthwhile to have one.

Cluster and keys are part of the immobilzer system, so whatever you do if you replace the cluster or add a key you will be making a dealer visit to program. If you replace the cluster with another unit , that trip will need to be made on a flat-bed truck.

Module master in Idaho offers a repair service for the clusters, your car will be off the road whilst they have it.

The fuel sender(s) on these cars are also a problem. So it might not be the gauge. If the the miles to empty agrees with the gauge it's the sender(s) not the gauge. Problem is if both the gauge and senders are messed up you will never figure it out.

Bentley Publications sells the owners manual and service manuals. E-bay quite often has the set for your year.

If you buy a used remote (e-bay has them) just make sure you get the correct FCC #. You can program the unlock/ lock yourself but not the immobilizer (see above)
Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default See my reply to Yabo's recent post to make sure the TB, etc is also OK.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct FCC #? How do you know? Match it up to the one that is working already?

If I try to program the key that I have that is unprogrammed but will start the car could I run in to this problem - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2055334
(I just bought a new (to me) 2000 TT 1.8 and one key works remotely and the other just starts the car)

Sorry I hijacked this thread, but I was reading and I became curious
Old 09-04-2013, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroEng2Bee13
Correct FCC #? How do you know? Match it up to the one that is working already?

If I try to program the key that I have that is unprogrammed but will start the car could I run in to this problem - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2055334
(I just bought a new (to me) 2000 TT 1.8 and one key works remotely and the other just starts the car)

Sorry I hijacked this thread, but I was reading and I became curious
If it's a US car you don't have an immobilizer on a 2000TT.

Just match the remotes FCC # and reprogram.