TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Initial Thoughts.....................

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-1999, 03:02 PM
SeanP

Default Initial Thoughts.....................

Well, spent the day yesterday toting around in my new Denim Blue TT. A couple of thoughts. First, I had the car delivered to Houston from a Dealership in Boulder, CO. The odometer statement I signed (via fedex) had the car mileage at 14. But, when I got the car, it had 31 miles on it. Hmmmmm. Any comments? Second, the car is just awesome. I had so much fun driving it. It's extremely tight. An example.....I spent half the day driving around with the rear hatch only partly closed. I thought something was wrong with the damn thing. I thought I was putting a pretty good force behind it trying to get it to close, but it wouldn't latch. My display light was blinking telling me that it wasn't closed all of the way also. I couldn't seem to close the damn thing. It kept rattling while I was driving. Finally, I took it up to the local Audi dealership and one of the helpful salesmen pointed out that you have to really give it a shove to close it. Well, sure enough. I felt like an idiot. I won't go into details. Everyone else has pretty much taken care of that. I agree with pretty much everyone's observations. However, in about two hours worth of driving, I received 4 thumbs up, 3 inquiries (including two hot looking blondes in a new Trans Am at my friend's apartment complex) and numerous dumbfounded stares. It is definitely an attention getter. And to some up the driving experience...........WOW!
Old 05-16-1999, 03:17 PM
dfs

Default tight hatches are easier to close...

when a driver or passenger door or window is already open. (Especially in airtight German cars).
Old 05-16-1999, 03:30 PM
SeanP

Default Easier.................but not easy. nt.

nt
Old 05-17-1999, 07:22 AM
D. Ulrich

Default Rattling

<br>Sometimes the rear cargo space cover that is attached to the hatch comes just slightly loose, and it rattles like the hatch isn't shut, when it actually is. I slammed the hatch closed several times before I isolated the source.