TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Insurance stalemate situation-need help!>>

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance stalemate situation-need help!>>

So this girl who backed into my TT on 23rd February had a policy with progressive that expired on 21st February and if she makes a payment by 21st March, then her policy is renewed and in that even she was/will be covered during the time of the accident. Until and unless she makes that payment, her insurance company cannot start proceedings. Also, as expected (since she's at fault and I know what kind of a person she is), neither she, nor her parent is answering/returning the phone calls from their insurance company/agent. Now, if she doesn't make that payment, then she wasn't covered at the time of the accident. This is all so confusing-can any of the insurance/accident gurus help? Do I back out and let my insurance company (State Farm) handle this situation, in which case I'd have to pay the $500 deductible?TIA!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default She is screwed either way. Not renewing her policy only means>>

State Farm will go after her. You can also take her to small claims for the $500. Might give it some time otherwise let State Farm deal with it and get your car fixed.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default oh, and the police officer who investigated the incident has 28 th Feb as the>>

policy expiration date-i'm confused here, so when did the policy actually expire, if at all it did?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks! i'll do that!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back out. Your insurance company will take care of it. You will probably have to pay the deductible

up front and then get the money back though.

Neighbor behind us hit one of our cars as my brother was pulling out. They are our neighbors who share our driveway so we didn't call the police. They admitted their kid was at fault and hit the car, but were only willing to have the car repaired at a dealership. They refused to give insurance info, so the car went in to the body shop, we paid the deductible, insurance went after the peoples insurance and the people for the deductible. All was settled.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default You will NOT have to pay YOUR deductible>

Don't listen to what I said in my earlier posts when it first happened.

Deal with YOUR insurance now, they will repair it as hit by 'uninsured driver'

Since she was an 'uninsured driver' you WONT have to pay your deductible! Trust me, ask your insurance carrier if you're responsible for your deductible for an uninsured driver.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks, once again!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

got it, thanks for sharing that incident!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Insurance stalemate situation-need help!>>

I am ***-u-me-ing you have a police report. If so, your insurance company will handle it as A. non-insured where you will not have to pay the deductible and your insurance company will go after her along with the State Insurance Commissioner. B. May call it a hit and run maybe and if so you do not pay the deductible.

It should be the first one. Typically they have 30 days and if your TT is not drivable depending on your coverage they should rent a car for you. After 30 days call back and ask if they have rendered a decision. The person who hit you will not be able to renew drivers license, car registration or get a safety inspection if she tries it will tell them to call the Police.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That makes no sense. Where in the world does anyone get insurance before they pay for it?

Quick Reply: Insurance stalemate situation-need help!>>