TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Interior sensor alarm on Roadster.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior sensor alarm on Roadster.

I am having trouble understanding my dealer, well who doesn't. Anyway he is telling me that to active/deactivate the interior alarm the door must be open. I must admit I can only get it to work when the door is open but this can't be right, does not make sense. Any idea's? software bug? This is my second TT, I had the 180 coupe before and worked fine. Anyone else have this problem? Also had the dealer look at sensitity, Told me it is at 75%. Now when the top is down I can not seem to get the alarm to activate. I can open glove box and grab steering wheel. Again my dealer says this is normal when the top is down!
Old 06-08-2001, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Need to have door open to DIS-able the sensor.......yup, that's right.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:17 AM

Default Near as I can tell, your dealer is correct.

I disassembled the sensor on my 225TC to tap into its connector for power to my radar detector. When I reassembled everything and tested it, I also discovered that the door must be open for the deactivate button to work. At first I thought I busted something, but that would be too weird. I'm now convinced this is the way it's designed. I think the idea is that you can't change the state of the interior sensor when the cars is buttoned up and alarmed. The manual says *nothing* about this, but that's the way it works.

Dunno about the glove box - it's probably different on the coupe. But remember that the interior sensor does not activate for about 30 seconds after you lock up the car. If you listen carefully, you can hear a relay click when it activates.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:20 AM
TP

Default Door open, yes. Sensitivity seems off, though. Mine usually goes off not as I "break the plane"

of the car, but rather as I exit that plane. If you can open the glove box, I'd get the sensitivity adjusted.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The manual does say NOTHING about the door being open. But it does have to be open to deactivate it

Ours was falsing..bad..dealer said it was set to 75% before delivery..lowered it to 50%. Not takes something about the size of a 17" computer monitor to enter the cabin to set it off. It is no good like this.

I can see why they deleted this from the new TTs. Constant falsing..or to in-sensitive to be useful.

I put a 12"x12"x12" box in the front seat with the top down. without setting it off..took it out...didnt set it off (Yes I waited a long time for it to arm - like 5 minutes).

A piece of paper used to set it off.

Anyone know if the sensitivity has to be 50 or 75%, can it be, say 65%?

Just wondering. Not the end of the world. But would like it to work, at least a little bit

Paul
Old 06-08-2001, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Interior sensor alarm on Roadster.

Thanx's for the help guy's. So it really pretty much useless.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:13 AM

Default I may be the minority here, but I don't find mine to be useless. My doesn't false, and yet if I ...

reach inside once the alarm is set, the alarm goes off as it should.

I never disarm the interior sensor, so I really don't know about the door open/door closed thing first hand, but from what everyone says the door must be open to disarm it.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I like it too Ellen, no falses here, and goes off whenever I reach in. As a matter of fact, I've...

even had it go off when someone reached inside -- I was parked at a dealership (Mitsubishi), top down, armed. The dealership minions swarmed the car as soon as I parked, and one decided to reach in for some reason...Alarm went off, and I went out, he said he was only looking as he progressed through various shades of red. I told him to 'look' with his eyes, not his hands.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ours was fine in the garage...but put outside on a windy day..going off the whole day

I hated to have it lowered..but not it is useless (never goes off). I think I will have them put it back to the way it was (75%)- at least it did go off when it was supposed to.

Paul
Old 06-08-2001, 09:15 AM

LOL!! ;-D

Quick Reply: Interior sensor alarm on Roadster.