TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

It's on the truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2000, 03:11 PM
ChrisTTopher Lloyd

Default It's on the truck!!

Yes, somewhere between Houston and Van Nuys. So I should have MY 180TT fairly soon. And it doesn't have the spoiler or suspension mods.
Old 02-19-2000, 09:10 AM
Brad Willis

Default Congratulations Chrisopher and welcome to the forum...

If you live in Van Nuys, you may have an interest in checking out the SoCal Audi TT Club. I would like to do a Monterey/Carmel rally somewhere around mid to late May. Meanwhile, click on the link to check out the website, and after perusing the site, finally click on the "Join" tab and follow the link. The price is right (free).<ul><li><a href="http://home.san.rr.com/winefinds/ttclubfinal001.htm">SoCal Audi TT Club</a></li></ul>
Old 02-19-2000, 11:20 AM
ChrisTTopher Lloyd

Default Thanks for the welcome! (long)

I see your name all over this forum; it's good talking to you. Actually, I live in Marin County (Novato) but I'm taking delivery from Keyes in Van Nuys to avoid a further delay in delivery local to me. So, it will be a nice first trip back home up North. We don't have a NorCal TT club, but we do have an excellent NorCal Audi club run by Sean Griffin and Steve Sherwood. Lots of interesting visits and meetings.

A question. On my A4 I switched to Mintex RedBox pads. This has substantially reduced the dreaded brake dust. Is this an issue with the TT. I understand that they are the same diska and pads as on the A4.
Old 02-19-2000, 12:44 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Thanks for the welcome! (long)

This seems to be one area where there has been minimal discussion. The front wheels get quite a bit more dirty than the rears, but I don't think it's as bad as some cars.

I keep 2 California Dusters in the back of my TT, one is for the paint, and the other is solely for the wheels and exhaust tip. That seems to work well for me. These things are cheap, and available almost anywhere (WalMart has them for a good price). You might try this first and see if the results are satisfactory to you.
Old 02-19-2000, 01:13 PM
Janet

Default Brad, I've been intending for a LONG time to thank you....(more)

...for the suggestion of using a small California duster on the TT's wheels. That suggestion plus the idea of waxing them has saved me a LOT of grief, and my wheels look good most all the time. I've recommended using the duster to other Audi owners as well, and we ALL have found that it's an excellent tool to keep that pesky brake dust to a minimum!

Janet
'00 180Q
Old 02-19-2000, 08:31 PM
ChrisTTopher Lloyd

Default Pads, waxing and the duster

Good stuff. Thanks!
1) I wax the A4 wheels; that helps
2) with the 6 spoke wheels a duster will work well
3)if all else fails I'll switch pads.
Old 02-20-2000, 11:10 AM
Kris Shankar

Default When are the TT 225 HP Quattros supposed to arrive?

Anyone have an idea when the 225HP Quattro coupes are supposed to arrive stateside?

Thanks
KRIS SHANKAR
Old 02-20-2000, 11:32 AM
Brad Willis

Default Re: When are the TT 225 HP Quattros supposed to arrive?

I'm betting first week of May. If Audi follows its usual pattern, some will arrive well before then, and Audi will hold them until the launch date, much to the chagrin of anxious future owners.