TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just the Facts Re THE accidents ??? for our German friends any german TT owners ?? long

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-1999, 12:09 PM
TT Blue

Default Just the Facts Re THE accidents ??? for our German friends any german TT owners ?? long

How fast was the curve where the accidents happened?
What were the conditions?
I have heard that people lost their lives in these incidents, however, in the interests of possble increased safety for the rest of us TT owners (at least for the months until mods are available) can anyone give an opinion on how knowlwdgable the drivers involved were?
Any racing ecxperience?
Previous cars owned?
Some of the info here has seemed to suggest that braking while at the limit was the cause, TT seems to be a great performer but it has not re-written the rules of physics.
No one has said it but between the lines a lot has been left unsaid about thse incidents. Is this a lot of hoopola about an inexperienced driver who got in over his head, but happens to be in the public eye?
Old 10-19-1999, 02:38 PM
Rolf Macher

Default Re: Just the Facts Re THE accidents ??? for our German friends any german TT owners ?? long

There is pos. some one at the club who can help you with infor-
mation to the accidents.
For me woult be interesting about the prices of the TT's in USA.
Sorry about me bad english
Regards Rolf
www.ttmacher.gmx.de
Old 10-19-1999, 02:50 PM
Randy

Default Here we go again!

This is already beginning to sound way too much like another unintended acceleration story. Why are Audis supposed to read minds, drive for their owners and defy physics?