TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just got back from 3 days at Summit Point...QCUSA track event...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just got back from 3 days at Summit Point...QCUSA track event...

bone damn tired...but great time and loads of cars...about 130 in all on two tracks. More details later (I mean I am tire and hungry)...but a few comments. TTs made a great showing and there is one SLK32 and driver that is now called the 'ROCKET'...congrats to Sang and Aaron for some great driving on the Jefferson Circuit and when I went over to the Summit Point track found Dave (economisTT) ALL SMILES. Dana in a TTR with 0 track time was burning up the corners by today. Love these events!!! Down side...I was track master for the Jefferson Circuit and thus my TT very dutifully sat in paddock...but I WILL NOT do this again...meaning I will make any event happen but will be on the track at some point...very hard watching and controlling and not driving. More later but for now thanks to Jon Linkov and Marc N for a great event with absolutely prefect weather. And congrats to ALL the Q and TT drivers (oh yes and the Rocket) for a safe and well job done!
Old 10-02-2001, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got back earlier today, what a blast!

This being my first event I really didn't know what to expect. I had a really good time though and learned A LOT. My instructor was very helpful and was also very 'surprised' when I let him take my TT around the track. He couldn't believe the power and handling of the TT. To bad I missed the afternoon session today, but I did need to get home early and my brakes were pretty cooked. Can't wait to get those Porterfields on. Dave, if you read this, thanks again for letting me stay at your place!
Old 10-02-2001, 04:06 PM

Default The event was awesome and I can't wait for the next. Thanks for your hard work in the pits.

I know it must have been very frustrating not being able to run some laps, but I want you to know all of the other instructors and students appreciated the great effort in your part and the other flag station people for keeping the event a safe one.

I was blown away by the great organization and the cooperation from everyone.

BTW...Thanks for your "Thumbs up" signals, made me grin everytime I went by the pits :-)
Old 10-02-2001, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guy...you were NAILING that course...great driving!
Old 10-02-2001, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

who's that rocket person you're talking about?
Old 10-02-2001, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

aaron -- time to get up! (inside joke) ;-)
Old 10-02-2001, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it was a fantastic event...i was getting to about 115 at the end of...

the main straight on the summit point course...but it was my newly learned ability to brake as little as possible and to accelerate through the curves on the correct line that really cut my lap times...the instructors were excellent.

one problem -- on my last run, my brakes started to fade after about 5 laps (stoptechs with ebc green stuff -- but just regular brake fluid)...seemed ok on the ride home after cooling off...could it have been the brake fluid (not upgrading for the hard braking) that would have been the cause? i was really hitting them hard in a few of the corners.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:31 PM

HA! I told you I have trouble waking up in the morning!
Old 10-02-2001, 05:35 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ms. Rocket??? Maybe Ellen needs a new Forum name?? Sounds like great fun.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

mtt vs. ms. rocket? who wins that race (amuleTT vs the SLK)?

Quick Reply: Just got back from 3 days at Summit Point...QCUSA track event...