TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just got an invite to the quattro club: Should I join???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 06:30 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got an invite to the quattro club: Should I join???

The name makes it sound kinda kinky, but I don't think it is, just something car related, alas...

basic questions:

what is it; to what benefits does "membership" entitle one; who belongs; what are the other advantages of membership; etc...
Old 10-18-2001, 06:35 AM
Elder Member

Default I'm a member of the quattro club. They host all kinds of events including some...

...decent track events. They also publish a quarterly magazine & you can get discounts on parts. I haven't managed to attend any of the events yet, but the recent track day at Summit Point raceway in WV that was attended by many people here was a quattro club event.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am a member of the club...good magazine and track events are well done...

we just were up at Summit Point and had close to 140 cars on two tracks (intermediate/advanced on the higher speed main track 'Summit' and novice/beginners on the slower speed Jefferson Circuit track). I was 'track master' for the Jefferson Circuit and in my opinion everyone had a safe enjoyable time but more importantly learned alot about their cars and own abilities in a more agressive driving format.
I would suggest joining....
Old 10-18-2001, 06:51 AM

Default The Magazine is nice !! We just had first NJ gtg last month

nice bunch of people.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:54 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I've been a member for over a year, and have attended zero events...

Just hasn't pushed my buttons yet. Communications seems so-so at best. There's a lot of room for improvement. Maybe a monthly (or more) bulk e-mail from the regional QC coordinator would improve communications. Many times, I am unaware of upcoming events unless someone posts it here.

It's tough doing a club on a national scale. That's why I've thus far turned down requests to turn the SoCal TT Club into a division of the quattro Club. That's also why I turned down an invitation to be a principal in the ill-fated "TT
Club of America".

I think you need lots of enthusiasm, the motivation and drive to make things happen, and a fair number of locals to run the thing. Some of the clubs bite off a bit more than they can chew, in my view.

Still, I plan on attending some of the track events (sooner or later), which appear to be pretty good.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:55 AM

Default I've attended the winter driving event in New England, it was great!

For more details on the Northeast Regional Quattro Club try the site below:<ul><li><a href="http://www.borg.com/~neq/">http://www.borg.com/~neq/</a</li></ul>
Old 10-18-2001, 07:17 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, $40 entitles you to run at the better tracks in the US.....

Sure you can cruise around local parking lots for less but the fee entitles you to attend well run driving schools at the top tracks in the country at very reasonable rates compared to other driving schools. Quarterly magazine is so-so especially for the informed TT Forum reader but the QC web site is informative. Compared to alternate driving schools the QC seems better and more in depth especially on setting the car up safely and instructor supervision on the track.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:41 AM

Default I attended the Summit Point event and had a great time

meeting fellow club members and instructors. The driving school was great, especially because you got drive your own car.

You should join. Not only will you have access to the events in your local chapter, but the ones taking place in other areas of the country as well.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:47 AM

Default I'm a member, but I'd recommend joining only if you want to attend their driving schools.

The driving schools are reasonably priced and very well organized. These schools are scrupulous about providing novices and even intermediate drivers with instructors. In fact, they won't let you on the track without one until you've demonstrated a high degree of car control. The schools really emphasive safety, and what I find reassuring about that is not so much that I am required to keep well within my limits, but that the other drivers rein in a bit.

The food has been excellent at the couple of schools I've attended. And another pleasant thing about these events is mingling with people who don't find my obsession with an Audi anything out of the usual.

Some regions are more active than others. My local Southern California region sucks, but maybe you have an active one in New Hampster or Texas or where ever you live.

Things like the magazine are, as Johnrg wrote, so-so. And as for the kinky sound of the name...if only....
Old 10-18-2001, 08:16 AM

Default Did their Watkins Glen event is summer, had a great time

even got my pic in their latest news letter. Plan on doing Road America next year & Road Atlanta the following year.

Quick Reply: Just got an invite to the quattro club: Should I join???