TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just got off the phone with AoA regarding the TSB's . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know, but you'd think eventually they'd run out of suckers... guess they won't plan ahead, tho...

just wait until it's too late and then quit to go work for the competition and try to put them out of business, too... :-(
Old 10-16-2001, 09:40 AM

Stupid newbie question: What is a TSB and is it necessary?
Old 10-16-2001, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need more interior space...2 Kids now... I keep thinking WRX but...

I am having a hard time getting past the Cheapo interior feel. There were at least 6 plastic blanked out spaces for switches. The TT and before it the A4 spoiled me for some feeling of luxury. Maybe the US will get the Lancer Evo, WRX STi, or even a version of the Skyline that will offer Wicked performance and not feel like a Chevette inside.
Bigger HP motors are coming, just look at the Altima it has more HP than the Maxima. Heck even the new Sentra Se/R has a respectable power output for a relatively low price. I think that audi missed the Boat with the new A4/6. I liked the styling of the 98 A4 better than the A6 and think they should have kept them styled differently, so that option is out.
Bobby Hopp
'01 225 TTQ Coupe
Old 10-16-2001, 09:48 AM
Elder Member

I think TSB = Technical Service Bulletin
Old 10-16-2001, 09:51 AM
Elder Member

Default TSB = Technical Service Bulletins and yes they are necessary . . .

These bulletins are what the manufacturer puts out telling the dealers about various updates/upgrades to the cars. They are a tool that the dealers are supposed to read but never have the time to read.

For instance this is where Audi has told the dealers about various recalls for the TT, from the DV to the suspension to the fuel problem on the first 46 TT's way back in mid 1999.

My brother-in-law found out that his Passat had defective tie-rods because I checked for him. The dealer had no clue that the tie-rods were all recalled! This is a safety issue not an issue about owners just wanting to know what is going on. If I didn't show this to my brother-in-law he certainly would have had an accident because one of the tie-rods was already cracked and the dealer never would have checked.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ah but Subaru can't install them....

I have the Aftermarket parts brochure here and it says installing these parts may break the warranty, and that the parts can Only be installed by the end user! I am going to the subaru dealer today or tommorrow. If i do purchase a WRX I know I want the boost gauge, the Suspension, and the body kit. I want these installed at delivery.
Bobby
Old 10-16-2001, 10:37 AM

Default The ZX3 is a great car. If it was available with AWD...

you bet I would be thrashing around in it. I was able to drive a SVT Focus a few months back at Roush in Dearborn. It's amazing what this little car can do and the appointments it has. Keep me updated on your project. Thanks...
Old 10-16-2001, 11:11 AM

Default Yes, my dealer told me re TSB where the Haldex will burn up if you leave the keys in ignition

after leaving car, or about the one where they are recommending 10W-30 on Texas. Some of our Service Advisors are reading some things.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:29 AM
Elder Member

Default never heard of the Haldex burning up with the keys in the ignition!

Can you please explain that one?
Old 10-16-2001, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Subaru has their own transmission problems.

Quick Reply: Just got off the phone with AoA regarding the TSB's . . .