TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Is it just me or is AW going down hill?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me or is AW going down hill?

All that ever happens in the TT forum is "How about these wheels". Plus I have always hated this format.

What do you think? Have you noticed a change? Do you care? I've been here since Jan 04, I know some of you have been here longer, post up.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Awesome User

Default It's just you!

We are evolving continuously. Winter is always wheel time, as is Spring. It is the nature of things automotive.

The format "is". I've run a standard PHP-format site, and like it, but this works for us and what we are.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Do you really think so?

After all these years you don't think it get stale with the same old things over and over?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It isn't the same thing over and over to the people who have recently acquired

their TT's. I used to visit a lot more than I do now that my TT has been modified just about enough for me. It is still nice to be able to keep track of people and projects. If it were only the old timers visiting, there really wouldn't be much to say.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:30 AM

Default the problem is...

nearly everything has been done. nearly everything has been asked before. the car has been around for a while, and the engine even longer. in addition, if someone does something different, it is seen as wrong, and the person is bashed. that keeps new stuff from happening. a perfect example of this is the guy who cut his roof off to make it a targa style. could it have been done better? absolutely, but it was by far the coolest thing (to me) i'd seen on here in a while. he was bashed pretty hard and doesn't post anymore.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nah...it's fine.

of course you're gonna lose members who sell their cars...but i still dig this place....
Old 12-22-2007, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't visit as much as I used to....

now that I don't own the car anymore, but I still like to lurk and still post sometimes. I still hang around because I miss the car from time to time and like to see what the 'regulars' are up to and the newbies as well.

...although, I was wondering last night if AW has lost its sense of humor.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it's a bit more fundamental than that >

the forum over the years - naturally - has changed from predominantly original purchasers, many who have moved on, to second and third owners - generally with commensurately lower incomes available to indulge themselves in many of the mods and/or to those who have less 'attachment' to the car as an icon, and who in many cases just land here for the troubleshooting expertise (fair reason, of course), and not for the discussions of art or style or the general enthusiasm which characterized the early years, or, as you imply, the early exporations of what might be done to it to improve it's shortcomings; thus the quantity of apparently "naive" questions has increased, and the general level of sophistication of has decreased. Anyway, my quarter. ;-)
Old 12-22-2007, 07:53 AM

Well said.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Agreed, and>>>

btw, you still have the best sig here!

Quick Reply: Is it just me or is AW going down hill?