TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just Thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2000, 10:16 PM
marty

Default Just Thinking...

Awoke up a bit earlier this eve, 0133 and was just thinking. Thank G-d for automotive expert reviewers in major periodicals such as Car and Driver, Road and Track, Automobile, and Car in Europe.

To my knowledge, they have all embraced the
TT for its driving habits, its looks, and have placed this car in its `top ten` or first or nearly first in all driving comparisons in the most grueling competitive driving conditions (before and after the mods were placed). I thought about this after reading the post from the N.Y.Daily News.

Reporters, of major newspapers, however, with little automobive experience, print `stories` of
TT accidents and impending lawsuits, that try to highlight and `inflame` the public`s response to the `instability issue`.

Audi`s response which to me, was a HORRIBLE public relations response, left it`s owners in the dark about the truth, and continues to leave us blind in many of the attributes of the original form.

Clearly, ESP is a major advance, and anyone who has any sence should wait and leave the 2001 models on the floor and let the salespeople worry about `retrofitting` these cars. Its funny, that we ALL know over the last year or so, that we as a group continue to know more about the `TRUTH` of this car, what is important and what`s not, what is coming and when, then certainly our dealers and many time AOA.

Untrustworthy dealers, interested in selling cars, instead of giving valuable info to its consumers, will give misleading info that the forum helps to clarify to all of US. G-d help the unknowing public who walks into Audi showrooms and other car showrooms UNKNOWING.

Now, back to my earlier point. I think the TT and Audi will survive the latest troubles thanks to rational car reviewers who have placed the `instabily problem` in the proper perspective.

Second, I still feel strongly that Audi should continue to offer the original setup as a `sport option` to convince the public that there was nothing wrong with the original setup and some continue to like and want the original setup and will refuse suspension mods when they are offered. Audi could also offer its first `retractable spoiler` with this option and charge a premium if they want, but lets get it done!

Third, get a indash CD player, and PLEASE give us a premium stereo upgrade, in lieu or in addition to the Bose system. The Nakamichi systems in the Lexus have always been heralded as excellent. I think we all would prefer to purchase the car as is and keep it away from `kids` at stereo stores dismantling our cars to put their own high end units in (especially if they have never worked on a TT)

Finally, it is time to get back to sleep. Since there is another `marty` on line, should I change my name to `Sleepless in Danbury`??
Old 02-20-2000, 05:54 AM
Ed M

Default Re: Just Thinking...

The TT is unquestionably one of the top ten best cars of all time. Let them throw stones, it'll just keep the TT rare and for the prevliged few smart enough to recognize for what it is.
Old 02-20-2000, 06:29 AM
ObsessTT

Interesting thoughts. IMHO the BASE Lexus stereo in the RX is better than my BOSE!