TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

KW Coilovers owners, how low can you lower the rear of your car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting - i've spoken to them several times ........

never a problem calling them and discussing issues.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default did you deal with Tom? i just never received any response to my question

regarding whether or not the car could be lowered in the rear another 1/2" or so. i thought this was a little odd because of the fronts can be alot lower, while the rears are only slightly lower...and with the perches down to zero, it was still alittle high.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you don't lose adjustability since you can still increase ride height with perches flipped...

you simply have the ability to go even lower.

But if you flip the perches, obviously increasing ride height is the least of your concern but the option is there to do so.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yup - it was Tom......

and someone else whom I spoke to earlier concering the V2's vs. V3's.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 PM

I will contact HPA and ask them about this since KW has an office right next door from their office.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Thanks Joe. I checked the trailing arms and they seem like the way they are supposed to be.

However, for some reason my LR corner is slightly lower than RR corner. That is even with a full tank of gas in the car. Maybe I am hallucinating who knows. I will measure it tomorrow and see if there is really a difference or my eyes are playing trick on me.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent. tell what your findings are.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I emailed Tom this thread - he's gone until the 12th but told me that he

will be looking into this and posting on the forum.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With the same settings there could be some variation in height....

use the adjusters to even it out.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Posting for Tom at KW

Gentlemen

Tom has asked me to post this response in his absence.

Joe and a few other customers have brought this to my attention. Unfortunately I was unaware this was such a wide spread problem until I received a call from one of you yesterday informing me of what a large number of you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately I didnā€¼sup>TM</sup>t get the gentlemanā€¼sup>TM</sup>s name or a contact number.

As per KodeTTs commentary, if I did not return or phone call or get back to someone, I do apologize. We are currently changing many points in our company, our sales and tech team being one of those points. If I did not get back to you, this would have been an error on my part, and I do not wish to leave the impression that the company does not care about its customers, as this is untrue.

Our conversation yesterday went over several things, including is it possible that the wrong spring was shipped. There are two different springs you may find on the rear of a TT, depending on when it was purchased, the latest solution using a progressive spring labeled 1011. There was another solution using a different rear spring before this.

After going over this thread with one of my techs, three things he did speak to me about.

1) When adjusting the camber in the rear, if you are adjusting to more positive camber than stock, this may move the suspension angle to push the vehicle up a small amount. This may be what some of you are experiencing.
2) Second, always keep in mind, that if your TT came with the sport suspension, it is already lowered 1 inch from the stock TT suspension. Although most people are aware of this, it should be noted just in case.
3) I would ask that someone (Joe has jumped on this already for me) in this thread contact me directly, and give me the measurement they have after lowering the vehicle as much as the threaded perch will allow. I need the measurement between the center of the wheel hub to the fender.

I will endeavor to have our local Audi/VW dealer deliver my staff here a vehicle to test this measurement on. This should give us accurate stock height vs. lowered height at the lowest setting. We can then compare these numbers to our listed range. After contacting my techs in Germany, they have told me they are able to reach our listed 50mm below stock height.

Please note that I will be out of my office this Thursday the 6th of October, and will not be back until Wednesday the 12th. I will not be able to return any emails or calls until I return. As soon as I am back in these offices, I will see about getting this sorted out for you all.

Quick Reply: KW Coilovers owners, how low can you lower the rear of your car?