TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Latest weirdness: Headlight switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-1999, 01:02 AM
TToby

Default Latest weirdness: Headlight switch

Switched the lights from headlights on position to the park lights position and...wait a second, the headlights are still on! Double checked and yes, the switch was definitely in the middle position detent. Switched back to headlights on position and the headlights blinked off and back on. Back to normal behavior after that.<p>Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 08-22-1999, 06:47 PM
Jeff

Default No, but here's a similar one...

I had the interior (dome) light on the center (door) position as usual and noticed that after diving about half an hour, it was still on -- both doors and hatch were closed. Turned the car off and restarted it (my Microsoft conditioning at work here) and it still stayed on.

The only way to keep it off was to put the swith in the off position. The next day it seemed to work fine in the door position.
Old 08-22-1999, 11:49 PM
TToby

Default Re: No, but here's a similar one...

If this happens to you again, try this:

With both doors locked (red light on), pull your door handle once to unlock your door. Then notice if the dome light fades off as usual.

Every so often my dome, map, and vanity lights + power unlock stop working in any position. The above trick brings 'em back to life. I've devised a way to recreate the problem, and when I do I hear a relay click off that I think is located near the CD changer. Just a guess, but I'm thinking that something with the system for turning things off to save the battery is defective, and thus is disabling my interior lights even while driving.

I already mentioned this to the dealer and [of course] they couldn't recreate the problem so it was not fixed. Now that I can recreate it, let us see if they can fix it.
Old 08-23-1999, 09:40 AM
Jeff

Default Thanks, I'll try it .....

....why am I beginning to suspect that Bill Gates had something to do with engineering the TT?