TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Leasing Experts: What is negotiable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing Experts: What is negotiable?

I know that Cap Cost is, for which I plan on going 3% over invoice. But what about residual, money factor, and fees? Using Leasecompare.com, I can see that these things vary greatly among different lease companies. Is the Prestige lease fixed by Audi, or does the dealer's leasing rep have some flexibility? When I would finance a car in the past, I brought in competitive rates from banks and credit unions, and worked a deal on financing based on that. Is this possible with leasing? How many have gone with the Prestige lease and how many with other companies?

Just a leasing newbie begging for insight...
Old 06-18-2001, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Leasing Experts: What is negotiable?

cap cost, rate are negotiable....msrp, residual, and fees are not...
the residual is mileage and term dependant...
Old 06-18-2001, 08:05 AM
Elder Member

Default Just about everything is....

The dealer has multiple banks with which it processes leases so they can submit your lease to the one that most closely matches the parameters which you chose. Even the back-end fees are negotiable.

You should approach a lease exactly as you would a purchse - if you want a better term, (months, mileage, mileage penalty, money factor) demand it. If the dealer is motivated they'll try to accomodate you at least to some degree. Unfortunately, while TT availability has generally increased, I wouldn't expect a whole lot flexibility. It never hurts to ask and it usually helps to simply say, "no thanks", and walk away (easier said than done, I know).

Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can not negotiate(long)...

residual, lease factor but possibly on the fees.

The best thing to do is find the finance company with the best #s for your credit level.

Of course, if your dealership only works w/Audi financial then your options are obviously limited.

IMO, first negotiate a purchase price (cap cost) then have them run the lease #s. Most dealer will automatically run the numbers with all the leasing companies they work with. But make sure to ask them who they deal with anyway, and don't forget to tell them to find out the residual number as a percentage of purchase price, and lease factor for you. This way you can compare apples to apples.

Also, don't forget to ask about despostion fees, usually one month payment due at the end of the lease. BS for additional fees at the end of your lease. Pretty common on most lease deals these days, but maybe you can nego this as well.

Here is a link to a local dealer of mine and the deal they are working for you to use as a benchmark.

Good luck<ul><li><a href="http://www.bellaviaaudi.com/coupons/viewspecial.cfm?specialID=74">http://www.bellaviaaudi.com/coupons/viewspecial.cfm?specialID=74</a</li></ul>