TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Long Island TT Get-together . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2000, 02:09 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island TT Get-together . . .

ScouTT and I are in the process of scheduling a TT get-together on Long Island. We know the basic area we are going to have it, what we are not too sure about is how many people to expect and when would be a good time to have it.

Right now we are thinking Saturday August 12th with a rain-date in September. If this is not a good date then we will have the event in September and the rain-date also in September. This date was chosen because it was good for us

We are trying to get an Audi Dealer to donate some give-aways and are also thinking about a bbq at Old Westbury Gardens. For those not familiar with the house and its surrounding gardens go to this website; <a href="http://www.oldwestburygardens.org/">Old Westbury Gardens</a>

The Gardens will be our stop for lunch and to hang out. This is one of the most picturesque spots on Long Island. We are thinking of a drive taking place around 10am or so. We would meet at either SUNY Old Westbury or possibly the Planting Fields Arboretum. These plans are of course tentative.

Scott and I will be pre-running the drive along the Gold Coast to try and find as many interesting old mansions as possible. We both realize and I am sure as do most of you familiar with Long Island that their are not any nice fast mountain roads as other parts of the country possess We both thought that a nice drive through some of the best scenery Long Island has to offer would be a really good idea.

We would both appreciate as much feedback as possible. We also need to know how many TT owners we can expect. I think we should be able to draw on quite a good diverse geographical ownership contingent. Long Island, NYC, Westchester, NJ, CT . . .any others I might have left out? I don't see why we could not expect to have 25+ TT's.

The drive would not be "out" far onto Long Island for those not familiar with the areas I mentioned. Everything is in Nassau County.

Please let us know so that we can make arrangements to secure the various locations and make any other arrangements that need to be made.

We both hope to see LOTS of TT's! Yes, any other Audi is welcome . . .but we WANT TT's

Either post here or send me an e-mail.

Thanks, ScouTT and Larry
Old 07-09-2000, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Long Island TT Get-together . . .

August no, September yes. I'll be away Aug. 3-24, but if the majority wants it in August...so be it. Don't arrange it around my schedule.
Old 07-09-2000, 05:42 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 am to early for getting to Long Island. Need my beauty sleep!!!
Old 07-09-2000, 06:52 PM

Default Yesss! I 'm in. (hope I 'm not on call).

<p> gautam
180TTQC, 00'Raven /ebony

(oO.(==oooo==).Oo)
Old 07-09-2000, 06:54 PM

Default another great ride is to sagamore hill (home of Teddy roosevelt) in Oyster Bay

<p> gautam
180TTQC, 00'Raven /ebony

(oO.(==oooo==).Oo)
Old 07-09-2000, 08:02 PM
Elder Member

Oh foo on you Denny! You don't need that much sleep!
Old 07-09-2000, 08:08 PM
Elder Member

;-), but I like to take the ferry over....oh, okay... (how about 11?? - pushing it, aren't I?)
Old 07-09-2000, 08:11 PM
Elder Member

Default Why would you take the ferry?

Denny, are you not west of Exit 27 on I95? It would be faster and shorter for you to just make the drive!
Old 07-09-2000, 08:13 PM
Elder Member

I know. I just have this perverse hatred of the L.I.E.
Old 07-09-2000, 08:15 PM
Elder Member

Default you never have to go onto the LIE! :)

Denny, I promise to write directions that avoid the LIE at all costs! Ok?

Quick Reply: Long Island TT Get-together . . .