TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Looking for dealer service recommendations in San Diego.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for dealer service recommendations in San Diego.

First off, Metro is out. Too far and I've never heard anything good about them.

Second, I didn't buy my car from any of our local dealers. (Didn't want to pay over MSRP and didn't want to buy the car they decided to order).

I know that Brad (yes, you Brad) likes Mira Mesa Audi and recommends them for service. But they are a little bit farther away for me than Hoehn Audi would be. So I guess my questions are:

1. Does anyone have anything negative to say about Mira Mesa Audi?

2. Does anyone have anything positive to say about Hoehn Audi?

3. Do they give you a loaner car?

4. Do you think it would **** off their service manager if I sent them an e-mail or gave them a list of things I want them to address and supplied them with the relevant TSB numbers?

5. Do you trust them to put the God awful expensive Mobil 1 into your car and not their 1983 Ford pickup?

6. Should you bribe them with a case of cheap beer?

7. Do they have any Azteks I could pee on?

Any comments would be appreciated (well, not ANY comments).

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2001, 01:57 PM
TP

Default A few answers...

I've had my TTqR serviced at both Miramar Audi and Hoehn. Based on MY experience alone, here are a few answers:

1. Service always takes at least twice as long as quoted at Miramar. Their paperwork department is severely f***ed up. No loaners for routine service, but the do have a shuttle service.

2. Hoehn is very courteous, but service is decent at best. Routine service and minor adjustments ended up taking 3 days. After making an appointment a few weeks in advance, they didn't even look at my car on the day I scheduled. Then it wasn't ready on time.

3. Hoehn loans Honda Civics.

4. Don't waste your time sending Hoehn an e-mail. Their website has a feature where you can request a service appointment. I completed the information a few days ago and haven't received any response. Give 'em a call and make sure you and they document everything.

5. I trust both of them to put in the Mobil 1 that I bring with me.

6. Bribe? Sure - It can't hurt. I know a few others have and I suppose it works. I, however, don't believe in bribing people to DO THEIR JOB. Properly recognizing and thanking them for service "above & beyond" is certainly appropriate, but I have yet to see that.

7. I wouldn't **** on an Asstek because it might belong to your service guy.
Old 04-27-2001, 06:54 PM

Default Thank you. That makes me feel better about using Hoehn...

I also don't think you should have to bribe someone to do there job but I also believe everyone should take pride in doing his or her job well. Unfortunately not enough Americans do. Too many think pride is a group of lions and honor is something you call a judge. Oh well, I'll have to play it by ear when I start dealing with the service manager.

You're right about the Aztek. I'll just have to go and find the Pontiac dealer ;-)
Old 04-27-2001, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'd go to Hoehm.....

Used to live in San Diego. MM Audi in its previous incarnations...used to pay attention to only the Ferrari's & others high end car. My Afla Romeo was not really important to them.

I tried to negotiate a TT thu them by ways of internet shopping a couple of months ago, ...the salesman say one thing. The management calls a day later & tries to weasel out of a CONTRACT!

Hoehn Dealership excellent dealership overall. We help my sister negotiate a Honda & she's had it serviced there. Pleasant experience overall.