TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Lost in translation...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 06:59 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lost in translation...

Everything old is new again. I think this may have been posted many moons ago, but for those unfamiliar...

Clicking on the link below will take you to a site which will show you just how "well" Babelfish translation software works.

When you type in a phrase in English, it will translate that into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and finally back into English once again.

Amaze friends! Amuse yourself for hours! Actually, it is pretty funny. Here's an example of a phrase that I typed in and the translation:

Original:
My TT is a hell of a sports car, but I wish they'd find a way to repair the recurring diverter valve and instrument pod issues.

Translation:
My TTT is a hell of an automobile of the sport, but I desire me would find it a direction of the repair of the escapes of muff of the reproduisantes of the valve and the instrument to deviate.

To view, follow the link below.<ul><li><a href="http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/">Multibabel</a></li></ul>
Old 06-18-2002, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little POEtry . . .

Original English Text:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore there came a tapping, a gentle rapping, at my chamber door.
Translated to French:
Une fois sur un minuit morne, alors que je pondered faible et me lasse, au-dessus des beaucoup d'un volume étrange et curieux de lore oublié là est venu un tapement, un RAP doux, à ma porte de chambre.

Translated back to English:
Once over one dull midnight, whereas I pondered weak and wearies me, above much a volume strange and curious about lore forgotten there came a tapping, a soft RAP, with my door of room.

Translated to German:
Einmal über einem stumpfen Mitternacht, während ich schwaches und mich pondered wearies, über vielem kam eine Ausgabe, die über das lore dort vergessen wurde merkwürdig und neugierig ist, ein Klopfen, ein weicher RAP, mit meiner Tür des Raumes.

Once about blunt midnight, during I weak and me pond-talk wearies, over vielem came an expenditure, which was forgotten there over truck strange and curious is, knocking, a soft RAP, with my door of the area.

Translated to Italian:
Una volta circa la mezzanotte smussata, durante la I debole e me stagno-comunichi si stanca, vielem eccessivo è venuto un dispendio, che è stato dimenticato là sopra il camion sconosciuto e curioso è, battente, un RAP morbido, con il mio portello della zona.

Once approximately the midnight dulled, during the weak person and me pond-it communicates tired, vielem excessive a dispendio has come, that it has been forgotten here over the disowned truck and curious is, clapper, a soft RAP, with my hatch of the zone.

Translated to Portuguese:
Uma vez que aproximadamente a meia-noite dulled, durante a pessoa e mim que fracos lagoa- comunica tired, vielem excessivo um dispendio veio, que foi excesso aqui esquecido disowned o caminhão e curioso é, a válvula, um RAP macio, com meu portal da zona.

A time that approximately the midnight dulled, during the weak person and me that lagoon communicates tired, vielem extreme a dispendio lode, that was excess forgotten disowned here the truck and curious it is, the valve, a soft RAP, with my vestibule of the zone.

Translated to Spanish:
Una época que la medianoche dulled aproximadamente, durante la persona y mí débiles que la laguna comunica cansado, extremo del vielem una veta del dispendio, que era el exceso olvidado disowned aquí el carro y curioso él es, la válvula, un RAP suave, con mi vestíbulo de la zona.

A time that the midnight dulled approximately, during the weak person and me who the lagoon communicates tired, extreme of vielem a vein of dispendio, that was the forgotten excess here disowned the car and peculiar it is, valve, a smooth RAP, with my lobby of the zone.