TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Ltr I'm drafting to previous owner (asking for compensation). ANY constructive feedback welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's a bummer...

... and sounds like you're taking it pretty well. You've found the best source of info here.

My advice would be to let it go, move on and keep on modding!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:10 PM

Default puhh lease... why didn't you look at this stuff before handing over the cash

no sympathy whatsoever. seriously... man up to your mistake and move on. you sound like a serious pain in the a$$.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM

Default This from a guy with a rice TT? LOL...thanks for the feedback.

Wasn't able to inspect (is preferred, I understand).

Speaking of manning up, you should try it yourself. I just came back from Iraq in case you question my ability to "man up."

I expect people to represent themselves in as honest a fashion as possible. Most don't, but I still expect it.

As far as being a pain in the ***...you bet!

BTW, does your car take gas, or 91 octane soy sauce?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You're kidding, right??!!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So people know... this is the PM response to my post...

"No, I'm not kidding, but instead looking for feedback on cleaning up the letter, or making a better delivery.

The guy said the car was in better condition than it actually was. If you can't offer a suggestion on how to convey that to him, then keep your comments to yourself.

Not posting to get flamed by idiots. Instead, am looking for genuine feedback. If you think it lame, then PM me."
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Sad. Noted.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not everyone is a pr..ck....

I bought a used Cabrio from a private seller 4 years ago and found on the drive home that the cruise did not work. I called and asked if he knew what was wrong. He said he did not know it was bad and he promptly sent me 200 dollars to fix it...he did this totally of his own volition...I never asked for it. Character counts. Nonetheless, this is a buyer beware world...you should have renogotiated on the spot or refused the car.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default caveat emptor my friend. You should have had it inspected by the dealer or

an independent mechanic.

It is a used car. His perception of the car being in shape might have been different from yours.

This is why you should have hired a third party who is not involved in the transaction to make that determination.

The man owes you nothing. Don't bother sending the letter.

Live and learn.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Glad you dealt with a person with some true character. You are 100% correct and I have no arguments.

I will say I flew to WV. In hindsight, I should have paid for a round-trip ticket and been ready to walk. I briefly looked over the car and took her on a trip.

Caveat emptor, right? Too trusting and taking it in the shorts. MOST I planned on doing anyway, so I'll chalk it up to experience, but you said it...character counts.

As I privately stated to krustty, I posted not to get flamed by immature morons, but instead to just hear some feedback. I may not even send the letter.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 PM

Agree!

Quick Reply: Ltr I'm drafting to previous owner (asking for compensation). ANY constructive feedback welcome.