TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

As a major participant in the OT debate I'd like to add my 2 cents...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As a major participant in the OT debate I'd like to add my 2 cents...

I have been frequenting the TT boards for several years now and in that time have had the opportunity to learn about my TT and to make new and lasting friendships....

The reason I am so disturbed by the guidelines surrounding AW's OT policy is because these guidelines are completely ARBITRARY. (Actually, it's the enforcement or lack of enforcement of the guidelines)

Yes, there are times when the OT on the forum goes overboard...but...in the past....these times have ALWAYS settled down in time. To think that someone can decide which OT is acceptable and which OT is not (assuming none of it violates AW's TOS) is an impossible task.

When I was approached behind the scenes and asked to stop posting "Dead Celebs", I was infuriated because it was obvious I was being singled out for something that IMHO offended no one...and in fact encouraged educational dialogue on the forum...Again, to think that this forum can survive on TT talk alone is ridiculous! We are more than the sum of our TT's.

I like to think that even though I am not a "gearhead" that I add to the sense of community on this forum. After all, my TT Photo Contests & TT Calendars are not done for my benefit but for the benefit of the community. Technically speaking...photography and calendars are OT! Also, I try to be welcoming to newbies (unless they approach the forum in a completely disrespectful manner)...and I field the questions I can handle..ie. valve stem covers and armrests...LOL

Re: the sexually explicit shenanigans that go on on this board...Well, that stuff DOES violate Audi World's TOS and more times than not, it's tolerated...I've learned that the best way for ME to deal with it to ignore it...or SELF MODERATE it when the moderators fall short. As you recall, I had a beefy man in my sig..not because he was sexy to me...but because I hoped some of the intuitive folks here would see how it feels for women to view the sexy chick crap we tolerate on a daily basis. That said, boys will be boys and men will be men...I can deal with the forum members I respect and ignore the rest.

As Sean said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. OT is either tolerated on the forum (if not in violation of TOS's) or it's not. It's not something you can leave up to personal discretion.

None of this is meant as a personal attack on anyone...This is, after all, a forum that I frequent for fun!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:13 AM

Default Lets not lose track of what is important here...

...I was kicking @ss at the dead celebrity game and was asked to stop, even though I am not yet 30.

This is the real injustice. Well that and the whole OT thing.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:15 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

BTW, what DVD do you recommend tonight ? ;-)
Old 02-27-2003, 07:15 AM

Yes, without a doubt you were the King of Dead Celebs!!!!! Now turn 30 and leave me alone!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:16 AM

Yes that too....or a recipe for spicey nuts!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Kim if they awarded only a few OT post licenses I would give you one, but while OT dissenters

..can't have their cake and eat it too the OT posters can and do. JIM
Old 02-27-2003, 07:22 AM

Default Jim, with all due respect, how much OT is acceptable? What type of OT is acceptable? Why would I get

an OT license and someone else not?

View OT or don't. That's what the OT icon is for and I really do believe it's that black and white.

Oops...We've approach the 50% OT limitation...no more OT for the day folks!!! It just can't work like that!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've rented a foreign film entited Georges and his Attractive Sheep. It's supposed to be well done!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:27 AM

Or Schweddy nuts? (remembering Alex Baldwin's SNL sketch fondly)
Old 02-27-2003, 07:28 AM

It's "entited" eh? Where is Sigmund?

Quick Reply: As a major participant in the OT debate I'd like to add my 2 cents...