TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The message of this post will probably not be a popular one but it needs to be said(alot more)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-1999, 08:35 AM
Joe Cash

Default The message of this post will probably not be a popular one but it needs to be said(alot more)

I have been reading many of the post in this forum and well have found a some of them very funny, some insane and some of you, I am pretty sure have no clue what you are talking about.
As far as this spoiler issue goes, all REAL sports cars either have a wing or some sort of lip on the end of the car for down force issues, it just a fact of aerodynamics, live with it and please get on with your lives. To the issue of this car being a blonde that everybody want to tear down because of it's grace and elegance, you know this may come to a shock to some of you but some people find this car to be down right ugly, i have heard references that it looks like a smashed VW bug, and every time there is a post in here that is in the opposite opinion of the majority you jump on it like jackals and critisize it as they can't afford the car or they don't know what they are talking about, first things this car is not expensive, i know most SUV that are fully loaded have a higher price tag then this car so please get off the fact that you people have just spent 70,000 to 80,000 for this is 35,000 dollars. In today world it's not a lot, and i sure a lot of you will critisize me, saying that i am just jealous and i don't have enough money to pay for this car and telling you that i do, will not change your minds on bit, but I have more then enough to buy two of these cars let alone one. I would also like to address the person that posted the car from the Sema autoshow, GOOD JOB my friend the car is so different that i really like the looks, now to all of you who want to keep your TT like everybody else that's fine but wait until you see one of these in every town, then you will forget about the orginial design, You will want to make your stand out from the rest because if i get the idea from most of you is that you want a car that would stand out, well when there are 50,000 of these in the country then your going to have to go something a little more then just buy this car to stand out. Now i sure that some of you will reply in vulgar and inappropriate fashion and thats fine i guess that just how you where raised but please if you take anything away from reading this, remember that just because the opinion of something is unpopular doesn't mean it wrong, so please let your replys begin.And if this is to unpopular and you want to track me down just reply i be happy to tell you where i live you won't have to do a search for me, I unlike most people have how was it put testicular fortitude to stand up to the majority
Sincerely yours,

Joe Cash
Old 11-11-1999, 08:42 AM
jacqth

I love my TT TToo much You can say whatever you please, but I love my TT - End of discussion (nt)
Old 11-11-1999, 08:49 AM
Victor F

Default ..but it's good fun and there's the principle behind the change.

I don't want my car to look different from anyone elses or the car I originally bought. I'm not that type of person trying to keep up with the "Jones's". I just like the clean design as it is. There is no harm in critising rumours or speculating especially when the manufacturer has not made any clear-cut decisions or final statements. This is not 1984.
Old 11-11-1999, 08:51 AM
mne

a lotta truth in there. I'm not offended. I'm not put out. I envy your tact, honesty & diplomacy (nt)
Old 11-11-1999, 09:02 AM
Joe Cash

Default It's not about keeping up with the jones

The whole idea of an automobile of this type is it not just a get to point B from point A it about personality which i think the car has a lot of, people want to put part of there personality into the car and i just think they shouldn't be knocked for doing so, i have no problem with people keeping there car stock but the people that upgrade never make fun of the people that keep it stock and I just think that the curtosiy should be returned that's all.
Old 11-11-1999, 09:03 AM
JMaTT

Default Hi Max Slide! How's George Mason these days? How's dorm life anyway?

If i'm wrong, fine. Show us your e-mail address and then e-mail me.
Old 11-11-1999, 09:03 AM
John TT

Default I always get a kick out of a good rant, but ....

if you can afford two TT's, why don't you look into going back to college for some English classes. I lost track of the comma splices after 5 or 6 lines!! But then again, who am I to judge, I got a C+ in English 101 myself. Get it?
Old 11-11-1999, 09:05 AM
Benson

Default If I want unique art I paint (or buy) it. A car isn't ever "unique."

The question here is one of degree. If you buy an Accord then there are going to be hundreds of thousands running around just like yours (as well as thousands of Mitsubishi's, Toyotas, etc that look pretty much the same as well). Against that backdrop the TT makes a powerful statement and is undeniably rare. But certainly not unique. Just about no car can be just because, even for limited runs, we're talking thousands of vehicles. If someone really wants something one-of-a-kind then they've got to go out and buy a painting, sculpture, etc. Even then, there are going to be others that are similar, if not identical, since artists aren't going to paint just one painting and then stop. I think many are buying TT's because it's rare, beautiful (to them) (and to me) and fun to drive.

You're right about the $30-40K being a common range nowadays. I notice on just about all the boards that people say "I can't believe a $40K car has squeeking windows/vibrations/rattles, etc." I've said it myself. Probably annoys the manufacturers no end. $30-40K isn't cheap but it isn't the luxury level it used to be either.
Benson
Old 11-11-1999, 09:05 AM
Joe Cash

Default I never said that i didn't like this car i was more pointing out the rudness in some of

the people in here that all, in fact i like the TT i have no problems with it at all i think that it is a good looking automobile, I glad you like your TT you should other wise i call you a fool for buying something that you didn't like.
Old 11-11-1999, 09:06 AM
JMaTT

Default What's funny is he IS in college: George Mason University...and he's failed english 101 3 times (nt)

nt

Quick Reply: The message of this post will probably not be a popular one but it needs to be said(alot more)