TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Middle School Science project. Your help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 12:17 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle School Science project. Your help needed.

My sister is a teacher nearby and forwarded me the email below. Normally I wouldn't post such stuff, but ths is for an educational cause so I decided to post it. I put the requested info. in the Subject box and included my initials in the body. I'm curious if the girl will notice a pattern of people including their initials, so please do so as well.

Hello,

I am in Mr. Abraham's Science Class at Armada Middle School in Armada, Michigan. I am doing a project for our 2002 Science Fair to be held March 26-27. I am trying to see where my email can travel in one week's time. I'll be keeping track of how many emails I get back, and what cities, states, and countries they are coming from.

I'm hoping that you will be willing to help me in my project! There are just 2 simple steps that will allow me to track this email:

1. Please send an email containing your city, state, and country to armadascienceproject@yahoo.com . You do not need to include your name. Please respond only one time.

2. Forward this email to as many people as you possibly can!! I'll be keeping track of the number of responses, as well as their locations, so send them even to people in the same town.

I'm going to try to demonstrate how big the Internet is, and how fast information can travel through it in one short week. If you receive this email after March 24, 2002, please disregard it, since the experiment will be over.

Thanks VERY much for your help!

Leah

Old 03-21-2002, 12:29 PM

isn't posting it here defeating the hole project. She is trying to track email messages not WWW
Old 03-21-2002, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

We could do a DOS attack. That will generate lot's of traffic...;-)
Old 03-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Elder Member

It just said forward and it didn't say how.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry, but this is SPAM bait!!

Key words of "Forward this email to as many people as you possibly can!" are a dead giveaway of SPAM.

Also, why is this not posted anywhere on their web site?<ul><li><a href="http://www.macomb.k12.mi.us/armada/armada/armada.htm">http://www.macomb.k12.mi.us/armada/armada/armada.htm</a></li></ul>
Old 03-21-2002, 01:12 PM

Default " I am trying to see where my EMAIL CAN TRAVEL in one week's time.

Sorry I can't find the forward button anywere on audiworld.com.... agian you have posted this to a world wide webpage so this Email isn't traveling
Old 03-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Elder Member

Default Re: " I am trying to see where my EMAIL CAN TRAVEL in one week's time.

That's her email and it's traveling in more than one way. Email, www, hard copy,.... It can travel in more than one way. If she only intended it to be forwarded through email, she should've specifically said so.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Can we get a fax number? We can send bunches that way )
Old 03-21-2002, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is a hoax...

There is no way a middle school student would be able to keep track of an experiment like this, and his Yahoo mailbox would fill up quickly. How fast information can travel in one short week? How about one short hour. I can't believe a teacher would allow such an experiment.

This reminds me of that hoax that went around a few years ago about the kid that had cancer but wanted to break the world record for the most greeting cards before he died so he asked the world to send him get well cards.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:26 PM

how can i explain this to you so you will understand? ITS NOT TRAVELING ON AUDIWORLD.COM

Quick Reply: Middle School Science project. Your help needed.