TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Middle School Science project. Your help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually, the greeting card request technically was not a hoax.

There actually was a kid in England that had cancer and made the request. The problem is that it was like 10 years ago and the kid recovered but the request is still floating out there in various different forms.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:57 PM

Default LOL. Give her a break. She's in middle school!!! Excuse her if her project plan is not solid.

I think her intent of e-mail only is fairly clear. :-)
Old 03-21-2002, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Totally! My uncle got his kidney stolen in his hotel room once.....
Old 03-21-2002, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same here! Check this out!

I know this guy whose neighbor, a young man, was home recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Anyway, one day the neighbor went to sleep but awoke in his bathtub full of ice and he was sore all over. When he got out of the tub he realized HIS KIDNEYS HAD BEEN STOLEN and there was a note on the mirror that said "Call 911!" But he was afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and there was a virus on his computer that would destroy his hard drive because HE HAD opened the e-mail entitled "Win-a-holiday." He knew this wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer programmer working on software to save the world from Armageddon when the year 2000 rolls around. His program will prevent a global disaster in which all computers get together and distribute the $275 Neiman Marcus/Mrs. Field's cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates. (This is true-I read it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, in addition to the free DisneyWorld vacation and $1,000 if I would forward the e-mail to everyone I know.) The poor guy then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his missing kidneys, but reaching into the coin slot he jabbed his finger on an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS."

Luckily, he was only a few blocks from the hospital - the one, actually, where the little boy dying of a rare form of lung cancer is, the boy whose last wish is for everyone in the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives. I sent him two e-mails and one of them was a bunch of x's and o's in the shape of a Tweety bird (if you get it and forward it to twenty people you will have good luck but to only ten people you will only have O.K. luck and if you send it to less than ten people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).

So anyway, my friend's neighbor tried to drive himself to the hospital, but on the way he noticed another car driving along without his lights on. To be helpful, he flashed his headlights and was promptly shot as part of a gang initiation.

And by the way, it's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem caused the Dark Ages!
Old 03-21-2002, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Saved.....Printed.....I'm dying........ROTFLMAO...
Old 03-22-2002, 04:30 AM

Default Well if you doubt me, just check out Snopes. Don't doubt the Sock! :-)

<ul><li><a href="http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/shergold.htm">Craig Shergold</a></li></ul>
Old 03-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Elder Member

Default When it's sitting anywhere it's not traveling. However,

it doesn't take much to copy the text of her email and forward that in any manner. Whether that is www or email, it doesn't matter since they both part of the internet.

Also, when I got the email, it wasn't traveling anymore. It was just sittig in my inbox. It took the action of me forwarding it, to keep it traveling.

If you don't like the way I forwarded it, don't respond to her.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't doubt you, my uncle really did have his organ stolen!

;o)