TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Missing Link......

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 06:39 AM
Welinch Von Koons

Default Missing Link......

Dear Audi Forum Reader

I recently had a terrible accident in my TT and effectively wrote it off. Because of insurance complications I was not able to claim this case on my insurance. I do however have a friend who works in a breakers yard, and he told me it would be possible to restore my destroyed dream, using parts from a Skoda. I find it difficult to believe such heresy, but he claims that the TT is nothing more than the 'bastard child' of a conception between a Skoda and a Lada. To think that I spend 45,000 dollars on such a cocktail, is frightening.

Can anybody support such wild claims?
Old 09-16-1999, 07:18 AM
Markus Burri

Default Re: Missing Link......

Firstly, let me ask you where you come from, with such a strange name? Are you Afrikaans?

Well, your friend is partly correct in what he says, the Audi TT is part of the extensive 'platform sharing' range offered by the VW group, who own Skoda and Audi. This is not necessarily a bad thing at all. Skoda have a reputation for quality cars, and I am sure that their 'platforms' are some of the best in the business. I understand it is frustrating to discover such truths, but the TT does have some parts unique to it, the TT symbol nailed to the back for instance.

Well, I hope your new bionic TT performs as well as its former self.
Old 09-16-1999, 07:36 AM
Frank Weinicke

Default Re: Missing Link......

Dear Welinch Von Koons (mailto:wilsons@ch.sibt.com),
You're completely wrong ! The TT is a genuine and very well designed car. How could you smash it, why didn't you drive more carefully ? Were you surprised by the excessive power after the turbo-hole ?