TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

More tirerack.com woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More tirerack.com woes

See link for the first part of the story.

Friday my tires show up at the installer. Well some of them. Two showed up, two didn't.

I called tirerack and Kimberly was very nice. She said she would put a tracer on the package and call me back Monday morning. She tells me (with prompting from me) they will ship out new ones, next day or overnight at no cost to me, if there is no sign of the tires. I wanted to say "duh", but didn't.

As expected Monday morning comes and goes with no call. So Monday afternoon I call and get Kimberly again. She said she did check Monday morning but there was no sign of the tires. Again I had to prompt her, and she reluctently said she would ship out two more tires.

Heres the good part. She won't give me the new tracking number and wants me to make sure that the installer refuses the shipment of the second set of tires when ever they show up so I won't be charged. SO I WONT BE CHARGED? The installer is supposed to accept the next two tires when they get there and refuse the two after that when they get there.

Well hopefully I will get the rest of my tires soon. I hate driving on two good and two bad tires. If they try to charge me for the third set, I will file a complaint with American Express.

Oh well, next time I will pay more money and go to someone local. Lee frustration is worth 10% more.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/283720.phtml">First part of story</a></li></ul>
Old 06-26-2001, 07:40 AM
Ego

Default In their defense..

I have dealt with tirerack twice in the past, and just recently placed an order for a set of wheels and tires for my 944. I have had no problems at all with them, and many others here have used them with no incident as well. I think the problem here is the shipping company, not tirerack. They specialize in mail-order tires, and do tons of shipments daily. They're very well practiced on doing this, so I highly doubt they'd make repeated mistakes like this. I'm willing to bet that UPS dropped the ball on this. UPS is less than reliable in my experience, especially when shipping to 3rd parties..
Old 06-26-2001, 07:52 AM

I know the lost tires are not their fault. It's the customer service responses that are the problem.
Old 06-26-2001, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default What customer service problem?

If I read your post right, tires don't arrive on friday, they put out tracer, but you want new tires shipped that day and don't want to be charged?

How were they to know your delivery agent (Fed Ex or Whomever) wasn't just going to show up on Monday when they find them/deliver them/finally get there?

They have to protect themselves as well. For every legitimate situation there could be three-four illegitimate situations where people are trying to get somethin for nothing.

That is if I read what you said correctly. Installer get's two on Friday, you call wondering where they are, they hvae to spend a day or two tracking down with their shipping agent.

Seems common sense to me.

Unless you didn't post it, was Kimberly mean, rude, derisive, snotty, or said 'yeah right' when you said part of the tires didn't show up?
Old 06-26-2001, 08:55 AM

Default I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I'll explain.

According to the tracking number. The tires should have arrived last Friday. They didn't and UPS doesn't know where they are.

It was tirerack that said to me (amid my prompting) that if they cannot "find" the tires on Monday morning, they will send out new tires and charge UPS. They didn't, at least until I called Monday afternoon.

Kimberly was fine, but evasive. She just followed "policy" with no indenpant thought. Just like the person that gave up the $1300 order over a week ago.

I'm sorry you don't agree, but I don't think I need to be responsible for the missing tires. And when something goes wrong with an order, any order from any company, that company, should do their best to make it right as quickly as possible. Not just wait and see what happens.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:53 AM
Elder Member

Default Pretty common practice to be billed for goods enroute to you

to replace goods delayed by shipper. You can return 2 of the tires for a full refund on the credit card, right? Sounds about like the status quo.

Not getting a lot of sympathy here. You must be used to extreme levels of customer service and *** kissing that I don't usually experience.

Tire Rack is not perfect but they are very good.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:14 AM

Default I hear you, but... This should explain my frustration.

I know I will not pay for 6 tires, but it should be between tirerack and UPS, not me. They should make me happy.

Since the tires are not shipped to me, I don't have any control. And since they won't give me the tracking number, I have less control. I can never tell if the "replacement" tires that they will charge me for will ever show up.

Tirerack may be good most of the time.
The way this is being handled just doesn't seem right.