TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

My piece of $hit car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My piece of $hit car

I was on my way to my friends house an hour away from where I live and my belt broke. I lost my power steering while coming off an off ramp doing like 50mph and almost lost it all. I was able to make it to my friends house to see what was up and noticed the belt was missing. Which also explained why my battery light came on.
Only good thing is, KMD Tuning who originally did major work on my car including the belt replacement and timing belt...their shop happened to relocate 15 mins from where my friend lives where I would have been stranded. I was able to make it to the new shop location to leave the car for the night by driving on whats left I had in battery power and it wasn't much as I had pulled into their shop parking lot and the guages just started shutting off on me.
I am hoping that they will cover the cost since they are the ones that did the work originally.
Seems like I can never get too far. All work has been done since Nov and now its back for repair in the same area.
Is it my car?...Is it me?...Is it the service?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 PM

Default bummer. not sure what the issue is but as for KMD >>

I have full confidence in their work and have spent a small fortune with them, adding mod upon mod. Latest is a full engine rebuild at 2.0 liters.
Top notch.

That's just my eperience with them
Old 01-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Default I am hoping...>>>

its not the service as all I hear is good about them and I know I have seen your TT there when mine was being worked on and Danny said that one day I should step up to that level of performance, lol. But its gotta be something else as I only drive the car once or twice a week.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Exact thing just happened to uneek.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Ya never know......sometimes people fail. It happens. I'll say one thing tho' >>

Danny will stand behind the work. Just now he's trig to get my car ready for inspection. Setting "readiness".
Has not been easy as as yet not fully accomplished. But he was working on it at 7:00PM on Saturday! They close at noon. Not the first time he's "burned the midnight oil" in getting this beast back in my garage. He's even delivering the car to my house, as I cannot pick up this coming weekend.
I would not have taken my car to this level without being 100% comfortable with the arrangement.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM

yeah Danny is good but not the only one that turns the wrench in the shop
Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 PM

Chris?....if you mean Chris...I'd disagree
Old 01-28-2007, 01:21 PM

Default well no, they got the kid that has only worked on VW/Audi for a few months only....>>>

but yeah, people do make mistakes and thats what service warranty is for but I am just pissed off at the amount of things happening.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Please do post a follow up, there may be a common root to both cases

Either the sourcing of the belt, or the same labor errors... I wonder...
Old 01-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Default whats the other case??....>>>

is it a bad belt manufactured or the way it was serviced? less than 3 months from date of service does not sound good for car that has been driven once or twice a week for something to fail in the same area that was serviced.

Quick Reply: My piece of $hit car