TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

My TT keeps saying it's running hot

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My TT keeps saying it's running hot

So I recently bought a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225 temp gauge will move to high back to mid back to high then remain at cold.

So first I changed the coolent temp sensor still the same
Then I changed the thermostat and the thermostat housing still nothing
Then I noticed my radiator fan would not kick on so I changed the fan.
Now the new fan works perfectly but car now temp starts at mid then move all the way to hot and stays there my gas gauge now is acting funny it moves up and down and my RPM just stays at zero and doesn't move or if it does move it gets stuck. I just need help don't know what to do next what can I do to resolve this issue.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts

Sounds like you will need an instrument cluster. That is far too common. Here is one option.
Audi TT (2000-2006) Instrument Cluster Rebuild | ModuleMaster
Old 03-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Andres Beniquez
So I recently bought a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225 temp gauge will move to high back to mid back to high then remain at cold.

So first I changed the coolent temp sensor still the same
Then I changed the thermostat and the thermostat housing still nothing
Then I noticed my radiator fan would not kick on so I changed the fan.
Now the new fan works perfectly but car now temp starts at mid then move all the way to hot and stays there my gas gauge now is acting funny it moves up and down and my RPM just stays at zero and doesn't move or if it does move it gets stuck. I just need help don't know what to do next what can I do to resolve this issue.
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and can help you out with this cluster problem you are having. Here is the link to our Audi TT Gauge Cluster rebuild:

Audi A4 A6 S4 TT Allroad Gauge Cluster Rebuild

Let us know if you have any other questions on the repair at all. We are happy to help out in any way and look forward to being able to work with you on the repair.

Thanks,
Old 03-06-2016, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanin Auto
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and can help you out with this cluster problem you are having. Here is the link to our Audi TT Gauge Cluster rebuild:

Audi A4 A6 S4 TT Allroad Gauge Cluster Rebuild

Let us know if you have any other questions on the repair at all. We are happy to help out in any way and look forward to being able to work with you on the repair.

Thanks,

LIKE :-) Didn't know about you guys.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
LIKE :-) Didn't know about you guys.
We have been in business since 2011 and have a brick and mortar shop as well as selling online. So if you are in the Milwaukee/Chicago area you can swing by! If not, contact us and we can help you with repairs that need to be sent in. We have excellent warranties, fast turn around and the friendliest customer service!

We take great care of our AudiWorld friends, so make sure to tell the reps where you found out about us if you do contact us.

Feel free to write or call with any car electronic questions as well. We will do whatever we can to help out!

Thanks,
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

had the same problem it your cluster dashtec sorted it works fine temp stays at between 70 and 90 and my fans don't work at all lol got sort that next mines audi tt 225 hope it helps ya