TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

My TT Saga (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-1999, 06:14 AM
Jim Torongo

Default We are here (in Chicago) just not many of us- glad you got your car

JIM
Old 06-30-1999, 11:41 AM
Anthony

Default Re: Long Doors?

Okay Carl & Denny.....<br>While I can appreciate the beauty of a wonderful car, yes, it is "just a car". I'll tell you what, use your proven parking lot technique, then I'll come and park my bitchin' sled next to it. Then we'll stand back and watch which car all the people will drool over. No contest. Furthermore, I can park it anywhere and not get any dings, for two reasons 1) respect. and 2) my car is made of real good ole fashion battleship metal, the way God intended.
Old 06-30-1999, 12:02 PM
Carl

Default Your '64 Galaxy ain't a car, it's a small country...

...so it doesn't count. But not to worry, Denny and I will both allow you to ride in our cars one day.<p>Little brothers. No respect, even when they're almost ready to turn 40... Sheesh.
Old 06-30-1999, 12:02 PM
Cameron

Default Chicago TT Club (lots of information inside)

Hi everyone,<p>I've been on www.a4.org 's forum for a couple years now, and I have a TT on order. Just so you know, there *IS* a Chicago A4 Club, and TT's are more than welcome.<p>We meet most often at Champs at Dempster and Waukegan, but could meet elsewhere if a bunch of TT guys had an alternate location.<p>Email me if you're interested in getting together with some A4 people.<p>Cameron<br>1996 A4 2.8Q (street tune)<br>1997 A4 2.0TQ (full race tune, cage, etc.)<br>1999 A4 1.8TQ (untuned)<br>2000 A4 1.8TQ (on order for October delivery)
Old 06-30-1999, 12:03 PM
Cameron

Default Chicago TT Club (lots of information inside)

Hi everyone,<p>I've been on www.a4.org 's forum for a couple years now, and I have a TT on order. Just so you know, there *IS* a Chicago A4 Club, and TT's are more than welcome.<p>We meet most often at Champs at Dempster and Waukegan, but could meet elsewhere if a bunch of TT guys had an alternate location.<p>Email me if you're interested in getting together with some A4 people.<p>Cameron<br>1996 A4 2.8Q (street tune)<br>1997 A4 2.0TQ (full race tune, cage, etc.)<br>1999 A4 1.8TQ (untuned)<br>2000 A4 1.8TQ (on order for October delivery)
Old 06-30-1999, 12:07 PM
Cameron

Default Oh, and for those following the saga...

No, the 1997 doesn't have the 2.0L motor in it yet due to yet further considerations and design work. I'm hoping for the end of the year (and/or) start of track events next year...<p>Cameron<br>
Old 06-30-1999, 12:39 PM
Dennys

Default Re: Long Doors?

What year is that tank anyway.....just kidding. Den
Old 06-30-1999, 06:19 PM
Paul T

Default How Likely ARE door dings on the TT? Concerned.....

<br>Hello,<p>Someone posted a while back that they were afraid of what might happen to their TT. I have ordered one, and was also very concerned due to its almost total lack of side protection. People told me it wasnt really an issue. Now I wonder. Suffice it to say that with how badly I want one, and also what I am going to be paying for my TT.........anyone dinging it may be risking life and limb (and I am only HALF kidding) . While protective parking is always a good idea, in practice, I have no way to manage it at work, which, since I park there five days a week, is a huge issue. Even in the gigantic lot, there are no extra parking spots, or anywhere else to park nearby.<br> I have seen so many Porsches, etc. ruined by door dings, I am wondering about whether to reconsider purchasing the TT. I love this car WAY too much to see it damaged so easily.<p><br>Paul T
Old 06-30-1999, 06:32 PM
Dr. Lane

Default Re: How Likely ARE door dings on the TT? Solution!!

I have a very simple solution that I have personally done on pervious cars without ding protection. Look at other cars that have door moldings, find one that you think will look good on the TT. Go to the car dealership (ford, chevy, etc) and order the ones from the car you saw. Have a body shop paint and install them. I will be doing this when I get my TT in Y2K.
Old 06-30-1999, 07:11 PM
Denny

Default Rig up some bumpers like on a sail boat

When you dock a sail boat, you put out bumpers so that the sail boat doesn't ding up against the dock. Maybe you could rig something up that would protect your doors while at work. Sounds crazy but could be an option.....or better yet, heist some orange traffic cones and place them all around your car...

Quick Reply: My TT Saga (long)