TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need “checklist” (posted back in Dec) for items to look for when I pickup my TT later this week

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 08:28 AM
HeavyTT

Default Need “checklist” (posted back in Dec) for items to look for when I pickup my TT later this week

Back in December here on the forum some one posted a great list of things one should check before taking the car. Where can I get that list?

HeavyTT
Old 01-10-2000, 02:08 PM
Hamakua_Boy

Default Re: Need “checklist” (posted back in Dec) for items to look for when I pickup my TT later this week

the link for the archived forum post is below, if it's not on the list, check above the rear TT and Quattro emblem for a subtle indentation, or dent like damage that used to show itself early on in the TT delivery problems, most didn't notice till after they got home, it was believed to be caused at the factory, it was hit or miss from car to car in a batch I think.

good luck, -Jason-<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/tt/14540.phtml">A good checklist by Ivan.</a></li></ul>
Old 01-10-2000, 02:26 PM
ObsessTT

I'm not only obsessed, I'm infamous! Thanks for the reference, Jason.
Old 01-10-2000, 02:28 PM
ObsessTT

I have that dent! I thought I did it somehow. Can you elaborate? What caused it? -
Old 01-10-2000, 02:34 PM
ObsessTT

I'm talking to myself, ho ho ho ho (like Billy Idol's "
Old 01-10-2000, 02:35 PM
ObsessTT

!!(Enter KEY)!! "Dancing with Myself
Old 01-10-2000, 02:37 PM
ObsessTT

Default One more try. I found the old postings on this issue. Can I get a poll of how many people this...

affected. I have to try to get Audi to fix this under warranty. Any ideas? A made up picture with a finger pointing at a spot on the car is not going to cut it.

Thank you, and sorry about the multiple lines of posting.

Ivan
Old 01-10-2000, 02:52 PM
H_Boy

Default you found the info... My humble theory, new factory, new equipment, they probably use...

... suction cups to hold, steady, or otherwise support or maneuver the "Lazer brazing" deck lids along the assembly line, probably before they put the badges on (probably the last thing to go on) I imagine either the support devices were too rough, or a bend along the assembly line handled the lids the wrong way, since I have not heard of any scratching or repainting, it's probably not the lids hitting each other, this Theory, of course, could totally be wrong.
My other thought, that particular part of the lid is thinner than the rest, and normal pressure to shut could bend it over time. (But I doubt it.)
Old 01-10-2000, 05:46 PM
HeavyTT

Re: Thanks! Pick it up this evening...Nice very very Nice! (nt)