TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need some advice on purchasing (long) TIA

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on purchasing (long) TIA

Ok guys. I am venturing over from the A4 board because my friend is going to get a TT. We went and looked at them today and I have a few questions. First off, can I get a break on the price like on a new A4? The salesman says because of the demand for the TT they pretty much go for sticker.

What charges do I need to watch out for that are just ploys from the dealer to get more money?

Is the destination charge negotiable?

The car is a 2001 and we found out that this dealer gets 2-3 in a month without people ordering them because they deal in such volume. Because of this, it seems to me that the demand for what they have would go down a bit, as apposed to a 6 month wait with no other option. Next part of this is that we live in Michigan and it is getting cold. I know that car sales drop drastically in the winter and I assume it is even more select when it comes to the TT. (people worried about salt, snow, etc.)

The sticker on the car with 550 destination, premium package, premium sound, and it being a 225hp coupe is $39,300. (premium wheels too) What can this guy REALLY do for my frriend on this car? A4's you can usually about 3-6 percent over invoice, can the TT's be the same? I understand if you don't want to answer all these questions, so even if you post how much oevr invoice you paid it would be a tremendous help. Thank you very much in advance, from both myself and my friend.
Old 12-04-2000, 04:42 PM

Default some answers

1.--Depends on where you are, most people paid sticker, some 225 roadsters w/out power top are discounted

2.--Same as any other car, rust proofing, different wheels, and other tack ons.

3.--No

4.--It never hurts to negotiate.

5.--Realistically you might get some $ off, go at the end of the month when they are trying to make their quotas. But I would not expect too much as they seem to still be in demand.
Old 12-04-2000, 04:43 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Need some advice on purchasing (long) TIA

There is still a pretty high demand for the car, so I'd consider sticker a good deal. You could go to the Audi dealer locator, at the AoA website, and call other dealers in your area, but I doubt you will get a lot of price breaks at this stage in the game.

Destination is non-negotiable. Look out for charges such as prep, Scotchguarding, and such. Also, I'd avoid the phone, as it is an overpriced, analog cellular with few features and limited functionality. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2000, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Here's the deal on TT's...

We bought our first TT, a 180 Quattro Coupe, in 1999. It was one of the first five TT's with quattro in the city. We paid $2500 over MSRP.

We bought our second TT, a 225 Quattro Coupe, in April of 2000 - one of the first 225's and one of the first ten the dealer we bought from had received.

I can't imagine any situation, except maybe a test drive demo car that got crashed, that the TT would be sold below MSRP. A family friend just bought a TT 225 Roadster in California (even with winter approaching) for $3000 over MSRP. The Dest. charge will never drop, it's a static charge and passed on from the dealership.

FWIW, I bought an optioned 225TT Coupe (not Roadster) for $42.5k or so... the exact price is back on the forum and I don't recall what it was.

Cameron
225 TT Coupe, Yellow
Old 12-04-2000, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Jeff, any relation to Sean?
Old 12-04-2000, 04:56 PM
Elder Member

I bought the exact same car/options for sticker in NJ.
Old 12-04-2000, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A friend got a pretty good deal I think

MSRP minus cost of Nav 'cause he didn't want it in the first place but the car on the lot had it... and a free clear mask installed (the sales dude is actually a decent guy!) at no added charge. Oh, and both he and I got TT caps.

My car was MSRP - different dealer - and the gift I got was a TT key chain.

It's what you pay for a brand new model, in relatively short supply, which has such style!
Old 12-04-2000, 05:07 PM

Feel Lucky and pay sticker
Old 12-04-2000, 05:17 PM
Elder Member

Wow, I'd have been happy w/ the cap.
Old 12-04-2000, 05:44 PM

Not that I am aware of

Quick Reply: Need some advice on purchasing (long) TIA