TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need a stock ECU for a 180Q ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-1999, 02:48 PM
Scott

Default Need a stock ECU for a 180Q ASAP!!

I am in Northern California. Email me with your phone number.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-19-1999, 03:52 PM
mne

It aint that easy... they're serialized. You can only use one that matches your ID (nt)
Old 11-19-1999, 04:04 PM
Jenner

Huh? I'm using a stock ECU from another TT, please explain what your talking about (nt)
Old 11-19-1999, 04:57 PM
Scott

That's not the info I got from Audi or Garrett or TAP (nt)
Old 11-20-1999, 04:28 AM
mne

Default When I ordered my 1st

when I ordered the chip to go in that unit the chipmaker wanted those same numbers. When that ECU arrived it was the same number as the one in my car. The second time I ordered an ECU was from AWE with a Garrett chip installed... same thing. They wanted the numbers off the stock ECU, even tho they were ordering me an entirely new ECU from Audi to put the chip into. The Garrett site shows three different ECU #'s for the 180FWD and only 1 for the quattro and one for the 225. Maybe thats the difference. Are you guys quattro? (I'm FWD). I just know I have 3 ECU's and every one of them is the exact same serial/revision number, and everyone has been so good at asking me those numbers when ordering me a new one. Maybe they arent serialized to the car... but rather to the chip. But then why would everyone (including Audi) want my specific numer on my ECU? If it wasnt car-specific wouldnt they just order me an ECU then put whatever chip # is for that unit when it arrived? I dunno guys...
Old 11-20-1999, 04:29 AM
mne

Default When I ordered my 1st "spare" ECU from Audi they wanted the #'s off the unit in my car..... (more)

when I ordered the chip to go in that unit the chipmaker wanted those same numbers. When that ECU arrived it was the same number as the one in my car. The second time I ordered an ECU was from AWE with a Garrett chip installed... same thing. They wanted the numbers off the stock ECU, even tho they were ordering me an entirely new ECU from Audi to put the chip into. The Garrett site shows three different ECU #'s for the 180FWD and only 1 for the quattro and one for the 225. Maybe thats the difference. Are you guys quattro? (I'm FWD). I just know I have 3 ECU's and every one of them is the exact same serial/revision number, and everyone has been so good at asking me those numbers when ordering me a new one. Maybe they arent serialized to the car... but rather to the chip. But then why would everyone (including Audi) want my specific numer on my ECU? If it wasnt car-specific wouldnt they just order me an ECU then put whatever chip # is for that unit when it arrived? I dunno guys...
Old 11-20-1999, 04:31 AM
mne

skip this one... its jus a repeat. and partial.. dunno what happened (nt)