TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

new to the tt need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the tt need some help

ok so i just got my first tt about three weeks ago, i have begun the planning of the modds im wishing to do, so im just looking for some advice from people that have done it before....

so i have it put into stages, as every one knows money is tight.

stage 1
im getting a magnaflow muffler, the magnaflow tanabe tips, vibrant performance resonator.

then having a shop weld it all together from the cat back with 3" pipe (i do plan on removing the cat when i get a down pipe, but thats another stage)

then to finish stage one im getting a hks bov(i know how there are two sides to people liking and hating bov valves, so dont make this into a debate on that please)

stage 2
im thinking mishimotto (spelling) intake, i have driven a couple tt's with this and it sounds good and looks good in the engine bay.

bov relocation kit

stage 3
downpipe (possibly custom made i know an amazing fabricator)
removing cat and just replacing with 3" pipe
short shifter install

stage 4
front mount intercooler. now ive only seen on kit made for the tt and no way in hell im spending 2500+ on it, so i was going to get a universal front mount, and take it to my shop and have them custom bend the polished aluminum pipes.

id love for some advice on this topic

stage 5
apr 93 chip

stage 6
hawk ceramic pads
drilled slotted rotors
stainless steel brake lines

stage 6
18" wheels
good grippy tires

stage 7
some kind of susspension

so this will be over the next few years probably, but if any one has any advice on installs, brands, or other upgrades you think i may need to run this set up, please let me know.....
Old 05-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your spending a whole lot of money but don't see what your expecting your vehicle to do.

My advice stick to what works.

3" exhaust from turbo back
Bigger turbo
After market exh manifold or port the hell out of the one you have and polish it
Tune with higher boost
Cam + Valve Springs
Some form of strong intake tubing

One these little Audi lawn mower engines that should get you around 350 maybe 400 if lucky

If you want closer to 450hp get a mitsu eclipse or evo then do these same mods. They are much higher performance engines