TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Now I'm feeling quilty. I had resolved to try not to flip off other drivers. However...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Now I'm feeling quilty. I had resolved to try not to flip off other drivers. However...

Today I was driving back from an appointment in very heavy traffic. Though I had a green light, I could see that traffic ahead of me was backed up. If I entered the approaching intersection, I would have been obstructing cross traffic, likely leading to gridlock.

So not wanting to cause further congestion or get a ticket, I stopped at the green light. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that the guy behind me was livid. He was yelling "C'mon" and who knows what else and gestering wildly with his arms and hands.

Stopped traffic ahead did not move, so eventually, my green light turned red. Now the guy behind me really freaked out, and he looked as if he was going to burst an artery at any moment!

Finally, my light turned green and I cleared the intersection. A fellow in a pick up truck signaled to get in front of me so that he could make an upcoming left turn, and I slowed and allowed him to get in my lane. I glanced in my rear view mirror and the guy behind me looked as if he was having a seizure. He was spitting, presumably cussing, and gesturing wildly out of his window with his hands.

Then it happened. The hand that I've tried so hard to keep at my side floated suddenly upward as if gravity had been momentarily turned off. And there it was; a massive and proud one fingered salute in all of its glory!

Soon after, traffic began to move, and once again that left hand lost all control and doused his car with blue washer fluid via the windshield washer jets and the aliens.

I've been trying to avoid this stuff, but I guess sometimes we think with our finger instead of our head.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got bigger finger than you - so i look better than you when i do it.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The test, Brad !! Take the test !!!! And hurry up, will ya !!!!!

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/619489.phtml">Midori's aggression test</a></li></ul>
Old 07-09-2002, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Brad . . . talk to Schwing about a gun rack mod . . makes congested traffic more peaceful
Old 07-09-2002, 05:09 PM

Default OK, I took the test...

Actually, I think my score was pretty low (good). Here's the results:

Thank you for taking the quiz!

Driver Stress Profile Results
Category Rating Score
Anger Low 8
Impatience Low 4
Competing Moderate 5
Punishing Moderate 5
YOUR TOTAL SCORE is 22 out of a possible 120.
The CURRENT AVERAGE SCORE for the Quiz is 29.

COMPETING

There are plenty of times and many other places to partake in games, but on the road is not one of them. For too many motorists on the road today, driving has become a contest.

The most important actions you can take to avoid aggressive and competitive driving take place inside your head. Change your approach to driving to make your trips more enjoyable. If you insist on playing a game, see how nice you can be to other drivers.

When you begin to speed and pass other drivers on the highway because of a game only you are playing, ask yourself, "Is this worth dying for?" Highways are too dangerous for games.

KEY REMINDERS TO FORGET BEING COMPETITIVE

The more you speed, the less you experience your surroundings.
Enjoy the ride with your companions. If you race and compete you will not be fully attentive to the conversation.
Instead of thinking that winning is everything, start to think that making it to your destination safely is the only thing that matters.
Allow more time for your trips. You'll be amazed at how much more relaxed you will be when you have a few extra minutes.

PUNISHING

It is rarely helpful to other drivers, yourself and least of all your passengers, for you to assume the responsibility of punishing other motorists. This is a job that should be left to the police. Attempting to take things into your own hands is likely to inflame the situation and put you and your passengers at risk.

Change your attitude and perspective of other drivers' mishaps. Keep in mind that they are likely not motivated by personal intention to harm, threaten, or endanger others. They may be inattentive, forgetful or extremely fatigued.

Punishment, coming from someone who really has no authority in the matter, is not perceived as punishment by the other driver. Instead, he perceives it as "sticking your nose in someone else's business."

KEY REMINDERS TO STEER CLEAR OF PUNISHING

Punishing other drivers will only aggravate them more.
If you believe another driver is attempting to start a fight, immediately get help. Do not get out of your car and do not go home.
Being annoyed at other drivers' fault can only happen if you let it. Don't overreact to every mistake on the highway. Downplay the event and it will fade away.
In some states, police have set up special cellular phone numbers to report aggressive drivers. Find out how you can report this behavior in your area.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm in a coma...I only scored a 20.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:17 PM

Can't vouch for size, but my bird was impressive. Straight to the heavens via the open ragtop.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:19 PM

22??? how do you even make it in to work everyday??
Old 07-09-2002, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

14 here. Angrier than RoqueTT, but still quite mellow.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh.......does a 52 mean I'm a bad person? Better damn well be careful how you answer :-D

Quick Reply: Now I'm feeling quilty. I had resolved to try not to flip off other drivers. However...