TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

oh oh, First TT problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1999, 10:21 AM
Ian

Default oh oh, First TT problem

It seems that after 4200 miles I've gotten my first problem. The drivers side window no longer responds to its control. I've tried turning the car off an on but no luck. I seem to recall someone here having this problem, but cannot find any mention in the archives. What is the solution? Is it something I can fix myself?

Thanks<ul><li><a href="ian.fncinc.com">my tt</a></li></ul>
Old 12-01-1999, 10:35 AM
m koenig

Default yeah i had that same problem too

it seems that the window motor get's locked or wound up somehow. i took it to the dealer to get fixed, and they did so w/o replacing the mechanism or motor. unfortunately, as a consequence, the window no longer automatically opens and closes (u know, when u open and shut the door). so now, i'm getting the motor replaced. how's that for quick and simple?

hope this was of use.
Old 12-01-1999, 10:38 AM
sec

Default Re: oh oh, First TT problem

I had the same intermittent problem. My TT is currently having its 5000 oil change done and I was told there is an improved motor per a technical service bulletin/Audi. The motor is currently backordered.
Old 12-01-1999, 10:41 AM
Jim Torongo

I had that problem, mine would work if i pushed in and down HARD, have switch changed at 1st serv. (nt)
Old 12-01-1999, 10:51 AM
Wayne

Only One headlight came on.. turned off then on.. both came on(nt)
Old 12-01-1999, 12:23 PM
JusTTin

Default Re: 3 months

I just got mine fixed after a 3 month wait for a new window motor. I hope that isn't your issue. Hopefully its stuck in the up position? There is nothing worse than seeing the look on the toll booth guy's face drop when I pull up in my TT and then have to get out to pay him.

good luck
Old 12-01-1999, 01:40 PM
Ian

Default Re: 3 months

3 months, yikes.

Well at least it is winter and it is stuck in the up position.
Old 12-01-1999, 01:42 PM
Bob

They said that about the 96/97 A4. I can't believe that Audi would not be using this improved motor by now.

Shame on Audi,
Bob.
Old 12-01-1999, 07:18 PM
FT

"Parts is parts",maybe they should have called it the Audi McNuggeTT.
Old 12-01-1999, 08:41 PM
dmf

FT's one redeeming quality is that he doesn't call himself FTT. (nt)

Quick Reply: oh oh, First TT problem