TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OK, i've tried to be patient, but now i'm getting TICKED OFF - more....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 03:42 PM
PeterA

Default I'm in the same predicament, here;s what I was told (more)

I ordered in April. My car has been at the Port of Boston for four weeks. Today my salesman told me he can't get any specific info but either all TTq or a particular VIN series is being held for reasons of an "update" of some sort, or it's political and preference on the transports is being given to other models. Although he also said it appears the same is true of the A6 tt. He also questioned if wheels are being damaged by the rails in the boats...
Old 10-05-1999, 03:48 PM
JMaTT

Default If that's true, its all TT's - mine's a FWD not a Quattro (nt)

nt
Old 10-05-1999, 08:19 PM
Cliff Melick

Jim, R U a born again Christian--just joking :&gt (nt)
Old 10-05-1999, 09:42 PM
mlb

Default I'm still patient, but looking every day for it to show up . . .

Build week 33, TTQ, At port as of report on this last Saturday. Report only happens once per week, on Friday. Port is Housten. I'm trying to be zen about it. Have the fantasy that I'll see one of those trucks unloading it when I pass the dealership on the way to work. Can't see over the highway divider on the way home. Pay a weekly visit to the dealer just to look at the report. I'm at the bottom of the list, which means that it can't be long! Or can it???
Old 10-06-1999, 07:59 AM
gmc

Default Re: I'm still patient, but looking every day for it to show up . . .

I know what you're going through - Got mine in June, car sat at port in Houston for nearly 4 weeks. Each morning on the way to work I checked out every trailer truck going the other way on the highway.. man it was agonizing!
Old 10-06-1999, 11:55 AM
Jim T

-just joking :&gt JIM(nt)
Old 10-07-1999, 02:03 PM
DennyA

Default Re: I'm still patient, but looking every day for it to show up . . .

I ordered a Quattro a LONG time ago. My dealer could not get a build date. He called me last week (I was on the road) to tell me that it was on the water! I called him back and asked him to find out when it left port and he found out it had landed in Houston on Sept. 28. I'm in Austin, so it won't take long to get here. I'll post when I get it.
Old 10-08-1999, 05:34 PM
DennyA

Default Finally arrived. Austin TX, Landed sept 28 in Houston (More)

So after all the cornering discussion, I decided to drop by the dealer to tell him my concerns. My car was there! The salesman had left a message on my machine while I was out). It looked great.

I called Audi (see other posts). I decided to pick it up on Monday. Not too often I brake going into tight curves doing over 80.