TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Okay gang, give me some dating advice (kind of long)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 09:33 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Okay gang, give me some dating advice (kind of long)...

I've been dating a lady who seems very nice. We've gone out 3 or 4 times and seem to get along pretty well. Thus far, it's not an exclusive deal, but you never know.

This past Sat, my sister and I hosted a retirement party for my father. We put a lot of time and energy into this and I had invited this lady to be my date. Friday (day before the party), she called and said that she had to cancel because her sister was coming to town and was going to spend the night. She supposedly knew sis was coming, but thought it would just be a visit for the day.

It sounded fishy, but what-evah! She said she could hang out Sunday (yesterday), and I said okay and that was fine.

So yesterday, we hung out and she invited me to a 4th of July party to watch the fireworks. It sounded like fun, so I agreed to attend. The person hosting the party lives near Sea World, so there should be a good view of the fireworks.

Tonight, a buddy called me and asked if I'd like to come over to his house this coming Sat to drink some wine and grill steaks with him and his wife. I called Miss X to invite her along. After checking her schedule, she agrees to go, but then says she's not so sure about the 4th.

I ask what the deal is, and supposedly her sister is doing a 6th grade graduation party for her (the sister's) daughter, and Miss X thinks she should attend. The sister had allegedly told Miss X that the party was on the 5th, but it turns out it's really on the 4th.

Miss X can see me early on the 4th, but she'll have to get home around 6 or 7 for her sister's daughter's party. I tried to be very nice, but I think it was obvious that I was annoyed. She mentioned this, and I said, "Well, it's the 2nd cancellation in less than a week, but that's fine. Do what you need to do."

I think about things and call her back within a couple of minutes tell her that she should do the party with her sister and I don't mind (lies). She said that she wanted to spend the 4th with me, and she would call her sister to cancel the graduation party. Only she now knew the exact starting time of the 4th party which means that she called her party contact immediately after getting off the phone with me.

So now I have a date with her on Thu the 4th and also on Sat the 6th and I'm not so sure I want to keep either date. The entire story smells like B.S. to me, I hate flakes, and don't like to be lied to (assuming that's what's happening).

Here then is the question. Would you:

A. Cancel both dates and reschedule?
B. Cancel the 4th?
C. Cancel both dates and not reschedule?
D. Avoid any further drama, go on both dates, see how it goes, and try to make the best of things.
E. Any other suggestions?

TIA!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RUN!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:40 PM

D. you give her a shot, if the flakeyness keeps up then get out
Old 07-01-2002, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Brad, with your track record, you know the answer. RUN!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 11:00 PM
TP

Punt.
Old 07-02-2002, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Punt!
Old 07-02-2002, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E. Try to date her sister...

Seriously, it sounds like she can't make up her mind if she likes you or not... How sincere did she sound when making/breaking these dates?

Who has a "graduation" party for a) 6th grade, and b) on the 4th of July? That sounds like the biggest hole in the story.

Sounds to me like you are getting the run-around. This may be childish, but play the same game: tell her you had a buddy from out of town call you and invite out to his place for the long weekend, and you have to break BOTH dates, but if she is free next week to give you a call. Then go do your own thing this weekend, and don't put any more effort in unless she comes around.

My $.02... Good luck!
Old 07-02-2002, 05:39 AM

Its hard to give any advice without knowing how large her breasts are.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default tell her what you told us and see how she takes it

I like to give people a chance to show their honesty (or lack of) and set the pattern for the future. The danger you run with this is that it takes things to the next level and she may become more serious about the relationship than you are ready for...
Old 07-02-2002, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would say give her a chance if she is worth it, but then again, I don't get annoyed of flakes as

much as you are. You should give her 1 more chance and see. Who drops the ball after 2? If you watch any baseball, its always 3 strikes

Quick Reply: Okay gang, give me some dating advice (kind of long)...