TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

One Wimmens TTE-POV (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Wimmens TTE-POV (longish)

I need to preface this commentary by saying that when I first made mention of my intentions to go to TT-East to friends and family I was looked on much like a person in need of an intervention, of the 12 step variety. Friends shook their heads, "We can't believe you're actually considering traveling to meet people that you met on the Internet. Then getting into some stranger's car and driving a road known as Tail of the Dragon, how dangerous is that? Have you lost your mind? Don't you read the *bleeping* news?" Oh, no I said, I've checked it out and they seem like a fun bunch. "Yeah, well remember Gacy wore a clown suit."

Truth be told Gina "Cubstter" vouched for the lot of you. (What a gal!) I had asked her opinion of what the environment was like for a single wimmens amongst the predominantly male forum. She said you were, well..."harmless really". (Gina you have mail!) So, to make a long story longer, I jumped in with both feet, registered, went, and had an absolute ball!

Upon arriving in greater A-ville I take the shuttle to Sunspree. Riding in the black sedan with me are an older sophisticated looking couple from Upstate NY. Me, I'm in jeans, boots, leather jacket. You get the picture? We make small talk for the 30-min. drive. When asked about my plans for the stay in A-ville I begin to explain the TT-East event. The wife strains to smile, the husband moves forward to lean over the front seat. His grin is wide and his speech quickened, which I recognize immediately to be symptomatic of car fever. The three of us (Driver, Hubby and I) continue the discussion of cars, and what is the TT like. Arriving at the Sunspree, TT's are everywhere, parked, driven, & being detailed. It's obvious the people here are having a good time. I try not to grin as I get out of the car. I can see something just short of S.O.S. in Hubby's eyes. Poor guy, off to a weekend of tea and crumpets at the Inn at Biltmore while TT-East reigns on, I think shaking my head.

The forum crew is out and about, both working and playing. The diversity of the group is immediately apparent. Having a bit of the new kid on the block feeling I opt to check in, unpack, and join the meet and greet session later in the afternoon. Funny, that once the mixer begins I am at ease. Meeting the other Wimmens with whom I had conspired (wink, wink), and the many who seem familiar from the forum posts. Three days seem to fly by.

Thank you to all for an unforgettable weekend. And again kudos to the organizing group, all of your hard work was sincerely appreciated. I met wonderful people from all walks of life, each memorable, humorous, warm and engaging. Camaraderie at its finest. Hope to join in again, only this time without hesitation, because I will be among friends, those I have met and those I am to meet.

'Laine (3.14RYTT)
Old 05-07-2002, 01:12 PM

"Mostly Harmless"
Old 05-07-2002, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wonderful TT Wimmen thoughts, Elaine! I so agree :-)))
Old 05-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Elder Member

That's a great review (I like your writing style). Glad you jumped in and felt at home!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gosh.......>>

Gina really said we were Harmless???? LOL...
Was great to meet you too Elaine..You fit right in to this eclectic group! We'll do this again for sure... (your Ranch is beautiful BTW)

Steve
Old 05-07-2002, 01:19 PM

Default So glad you had a great time and enjoyed the madness.

Happy to have co-conspired with you.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:20 PM

Default She wasn't talking about you Steve...

Just kidding!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Harmless? Are you sure you met Rahul? <eg>
Old 05-07-2002, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

First I'm old, then I'm harmless... what's next ;-) (Great post Elaine) :-)
Old 05-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Elder Member

;-)

Quick Reply: One Wimmens TTE-POV (longish)