TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: China just executed 4 men for falsifying tax receipts. This is way wrong. Screw them!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 09:33 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OT: China just executed 4 men for falsifying tax receipts. This is way wrong. Screw them!
Old 05-12-2001, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember Brad, The US no longer has any say on international human rights issues.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:01 AM

Default ...and the U.S. are amongst the few developed countries who still execute people, too...

The U.S. certainly are a *developed* country, but not a *civilized* one. The U.S. are amongst the very few countries in the world who execute even MINORS (not to mention mentally retarded people, or people whose lawyers slept during the trial).

BOTH are wrong.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:13 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I happen to agree with capital punishment...

If you don't, I certainly respect your opinion. Whether you agree or disagree with the Death Penalty, I hope that one can see the difference between excuting mass murders versus executing folks who cheat on their taxes.

Also, I don't buy into the strategy of finding it necessary to take a swipe at the U.S. everytime we find fault elsewhere.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should see what a motivated killing force can do to dismantle Noriega's drug network. JUST beCAUSE

we are Americans, doesn't mean we aren't an empire. Long live the Empire of the United States. Violence is what keeps the world contained within our coasts insulated from more foreign aggression. Sad, but true. If America ever falls, it will be due to implosion. If we could just turn more domestic violent criminals into less selfish citizens and patriots, America can stand tall forever. Tim M. should be tortured until we get detailed data of his 12 man cohort team. That operation would be impossible for 2 men only. Sorry for the rant, but while I'm at it the FBI needs some spring cleaning as well.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:35 AM

Yeah, let the 3rd world country controlled U.N. deal with it w/out our $250 million back payments.
Old 05-12-2001, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OT: If all we were killing were murderers it wouldn't bother me....

My problem has always been that our justice system is not infallible. If everyone can agree on that (which shouldn't be hard) it stands to reason we don't have the right to kill anyone if even one innocent person can be accidently put to death.

I would rather let them all sit in jail for life than have one (or more) deaths on my conscious.
Old 05-12-2001, 12:37 PM

Default What if we crossed capital punishment with WWF with Roman Sport. Forget the XFL baby, we are ...

talking big bucks. I suggest having lifers and row rats volunteer for modern day televised gladiator games. 25 victories get you freedom on an isolated island. We would thin down the prison population drastically, raise enough money to make the prison system go in the black from the TV sponsor subsidies, and televise a crime deterent for our next generation of citizens. It's a win-win situation even if it is somewhat off the wall. If any of you have ever been to Saudi, then you know the positive effect of execution friday on their crime rate.
Old 05-12-2001, 12:58 PM

Default Sounds a lot like "The Running Man" to me!

Re: Capital Punishment... I am on the fence. For every high profile person that is a clear candidate for capital punishment, there is another that is the poster against.

Canada has had a few high profile "criminals" found innocent by DNA evidence (many) years after their conviction and jail sentence. Later investigation found much evidence tampering - there seemed to be too much pressure to convict 'someone' in these cases. This is what puts me on the fence...
Old 05-12-2001, 01:26 PM

I'll have to rent it.

Quick Reply: OT: China just executed 4 men for falsifying tax receipts. This is way wrong. Screw them!