TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: Despair.com :-( new offerings...some of these are VERY funny

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 06:42 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Despair.com :-( new offerings...some of these are VERY funny

<a href="http://www.despair.com/idin1.html" target="_new">Idiotic Insights</a>

<a href="http://www.despair.com/teambreakers.html" target="_new">Team Breakers</a>
Old 12-22-2000, 07:43 AM
Ego

Default I love those things (more)

I've been buying their calendar since 1999, and absolutely love all the neat tidbits in there. It even turns out to be a small history lesson a great deal of the time. Back in the 50's, apparently, a B-2 bomber was carrying a live nuclear warhead, and inadvertantly dropped it over South Carolina. Fortunately, the warhead did not detonate. Its little things like this that make it into the calendars, that otherwise, would remain rather, well, unspoken. I'd never heard of that incident until I read it in their calendar.
Old 12-22-2000, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

(Ahem.) Perhaps a B-52?
Old 12-22-2000, 08:04 AM
Ego

Default heh, woops. Yea, that's what I meant. B-2 is the stealth, isn't it? (more)

So, in theory, if in fact the B-2 is the stealth bomber, it is not entirely impossible that it was in fact a B-2 back then. The stealth plane concept was under development back in the 50's, and one flew in the late 50's if I remember correctly. So that's what the government tells us. Who knows, maybe it was being developed even earlier.
Old 12-22-2000, 09:37 AM

Default These are great. The "originals" are on walls at the office. I'd love to

print a few out substitute them....see if anyone notices
Old 12-22-2000, 09:46 AM
Elder Member

That'd be funny, but would probably get you fired...I'm particularly fond of the "incompetence" one
Old 12-22-2000, 01:18 PM

Default Despair.com thanks you!

Hi All:

I'm one of the founders/writers of Despair. I noticed that we got an order from someone saying that they heard about us in the AudiWorld forum- so I had to come check it out, since I'm the proud owner of a TT coupe as well! When worlds collide!

Thanks for liking the new designs and for the kind words about our calendars. We're particularly pleased that people take the time to read all the dates we bury in them, because it takes months of research to come up them. This year's calendar, with the new designs, took longer than ever! But there are some really cool dates this time...

Anyway, didn't want this to turn into a commercial, so I'll end it by saying thanks again.

Since I'm in here, I have to ask- have any of you had problems with your windows not rolling completely up? My driver's side window has gotten a lot noiser in recent months- as it doesn't seem to be completely sealing when it rolls itself back up. The net result is that its a pretty bloody loud ride when I'm on the highway!

I guess I should probably post this question in an on-topic thread, huh? :-)

Oops, I mean :-(.

Justin<ul><li><a href="http://www.despair.com">Experience the relentless pursuit of dejection...</a></li></ul>
Old 12-22-2000, 08:16 PM
Ego

Default oh, too cool

Your calendars and posters just rock. As for the dates, I can't resist reading every single one each time I flip over to a new month. I don't have the willpower to wait for each day to read the current date's mishaps.

As for your window problem, try resetting the windows. Its in your owners manual, on how to do it. If that doesn't cure the problem, have the dealer take a look. Its a fixable thing, of course, under warantee.