TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: Sunday Funny...look what showed up in my email today...the offer of a lifetime...what to do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Sunday Funny...look what showed up in my email today...the offer of a lifetime...what to do???

JAMES KOKODIA
Lagos, Nigeria.
Fax: 234 1 7591666
May 19th, 2001

Attention: president/CEO.

Dear Sir,

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP.

Firstly I must solicit your strictest confidence in this subject. This is by virtue of its nature as
being utterly confidential and top secret. A member of the Nigeria Export Promotion Council
(N.E.P.C.) who was part of the federal government delegation to your country during a trade
exhibition gave your particulars to me. I have decided to seek a confidential operation with
you in the execution of the deal described hereunder for the benefit of all the parties and
hope that you keep it top secret because of the nature of the business.

Within the ministry of petroleum resources where I work as a director of engineering and
projects, and with the co-operation of four other very top officials, we have under our
control as overdue contract payments, bills totaling Thirty One Million United States Dollars,
which we want to transfer to a foreign account, with the assistance and co-operation of a
foreign company to receive the said funds on our behalf or a reliable foreign individual
account to receive the funds.

The source of the fund is as follows: during the last military government here in Nigeria
which lasted bout eleven months, government officials set up companies and awarded
themselves various contracts which were grossly over-invoiced in various ministries. The
present civilian government is not aware of the atrocities committed by their predecessors
and as a result, we have a lot of such over invoiced contract payment s pending which we
have identified floating at the central bank of Nigeria ready for payment. However by virtue
of our position as civil servants, we cannot acquire this money in our names. I was
therefore delegated as a matter of urgency by my colleagues to look for an over seas
partner into whose account we would transfer the sum of US$31,000,000.00 (THIRTY
ONE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) hence we are writing you this letter.

Since the present civilian government is determined to pay foreign contractors l debts owed
so as to maintain an amiable relationship with foreign governments and non-government
financial agencies. We have decided to include our bills for approval with the co-operation
of some officials of the federal ministry of finance (F.M.F) and the central bank of Nigeria
(C.B.N). We are seeking your assistance in providing us with a good company account or
any other offshore bank account into which we can remit this money by acting our main
partner and trustee or acting as the original contractor. This we can do by swapping of
account information and changing of beneficiary and other pertinent information to apply for
payment. By this act, we would be using your company information to apply for payment,
and prepare letters of claim and job description on behalf of your company. This process
would be an internal arrangement with the departments concerned.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be willing to assist
us in this transaction, your share as compensation will be us$6.2 million (20%), us$21.7
million (70%) for us and us$3.1 (10%) for
taxation and miscellaneous expenses.

The business itself is 100% safe, provided you treat it with utmost secrecy and
confidentiality. Also your area of specialization is not m hindrance to the successful
execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will
not disappoint me.

You may Fax your response to my home fax: 234 1 7591666 to indicate your
willingness in assisting us. I will bring the complete picture of the transaction to your
knowledge when I have heard from you.

Thanks for your co-operation,

Yours faithfully,
JAMES KOKODIA
Old 05-20-2001, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh...The ole' Nigerian money laundering scam surfaces again!
Old 05-20-2001, 09:20 AM

Scamorama!
Old 05-20-2001, 09:29 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOL, we've been getting these things sent to the Legal Department

from people all over the building for at least 15 years....kid you not. 60 Minutes or one of the shows of that ilk, did a piece on these, apparently people actually fall for this scheme....
Old 05-20-2001, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i get these every few years, or so. it belongs in the sunday funnies.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:10 AM
Elder Member

If they own TTs, they might be legit. I think they own no TTs.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:11 AM

Default I got ALMOST the same email today - differnt person but same scam !!

SESSY BANGURA
TEL:+31-613-068-412
FAX:-+31-20-8633766

URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL
Dear Sir

I am Sessy Bangura, the eldest son of Timu Bangura, who is the immediate past
minister of Finance of the Federal Republic of Sierra-Leone. Though my father died a
natural death.

He left some document as regards some transaction with some of his colleagues while
in office. Infact they (i.e. my father and his colleagues that cannot be mentioned here)
succeeded in keeping the sum of Eight Million, Six hundred Thousand dollars ($8.6M
USD) in cash in a safe trust / security firm in Ghana a neighboring West African State.

After my father's death, the current president Tijan Kabbah's government has no trace
or evidence of his dealings and those of his colleagues regarding the money in
question, before renewed clashes betweethe R.U.F rebels lead Foday Sankoh in my
country began. This recent clashes lead to the destruction of many government
documents and establishment, including the Central Bank of Sierra-Leone and the
Ministry of Finance buildings, where records of the probe were kept. Hence no real
evidence to continue a probe.

Now that there is no record, I have been mandated by my father's colleagues to come
to Amsterdam, The Netherlands to sort and conclude the transfer of the funds, with
the aid of a trustworthy person(s), that can keep this transaction a top secret. And has
the ability (i.e credible firm, etc) to file claims of these funds onour behalf

This assistance from you is necessary because the government of our country is
closely monitoring funds leaving or coming into my country.what is required of you is
that we want you torepresent us as the beneficiary of the funds, provision of a bank
account into which wecan lodge the funds, ability to assist us in profitable investment
in your country and negociations for us to purchase an ultramodern house in your
country as soon as the transaction is complete, because we would like to come over,
perharps live there and manage our investments.

However be rest assured that this transaction is hitch free as my father's colleagues
and I have mapped out strategies to give this, transaction a diplomatic coverage. We
have earmarked 30% of this sum to you for your participation,10% for any
expenditure incurred in course of this transaction and the balance of 60% is for me
and my colleagues in Ghana.

Please also note that you shall help us invest our share of the money in a viable
business in your country after this business is concluded. Please I await your urgent
response to this proposal should yoube/not interested in this business. at
bangura_ssy@hotmail.com While thanking you for your anticipated co-operation and
kind gesture I remain always with regards.

Sincerely

SESSY BANGURA.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:53 PM

Obviously it IS a scam. But my question is: Where do they wind up getting any money out of you?
Old 05-22-2001, 08:52 AM
Elder Member

Default I got this in a letter 7 years ago, from Nigeria as well...

and the same amount, reported it to the FBI, so should you, they are actively investigating this.