TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: What I did last night. Very long.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah! It actually stings when I lightly touch it. Big bump, too!
Old 08-12-2001, 10:37 AM
Elder Member

Default Well in a few days (hopefully) there will be no pain, just a great scar & an excellent story!!! ;-)

Ahhhh, nothing like tales of how one acquired one's many suburban battle scars... This is definitely one of the better stories I've heard, too!!!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:06 AM

Default I feel for you man! I had a much less dramatic rodent story

I think (hope) it was a mouse, but I can still feel it crawling on my back.

In college it was very warm out at the beginning of the Fall term, so I was sleeping without a sheet on my back. (I'll leave it at that to keep the nasty images to a minimum!)

Well, for a few nights I would wake up with this feeling that something was touching my back. I didn't have a roommate, but always left my door open so a prank-in-progress was my first theory. After a few nights of this I stopped thinking it was a prank and started thinking rodent.

One night I woke up in the middle of it all. I managed to NOT move (boy was that hard), and that confirmed it for me -- rodent it was.

I ended up finding a cute little mouse (I hoped it was a mouse) hiding behind my stereo where it was very warm.

A few housemates decided it would be fun to catch, and were successful. Yup, it was a mouse. They turned it into a mascot... it survived for some time before someone freed him.

But I'll never forget that feeling of his/her little claws on my back... EEEEWWWWW!!!!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!! Hilarious! Remind me to relate the snake on the sailboat story sometime!!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:44 AM
Elder Member

Well??? The present is as good as any other time...
Old 08-12-2001, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well.....OK....(longish)....>>

Back when I lived in NJ, we kept a Bristol 35.5 down on the Chesapeake. The family and I were taking off for a 1 1/2 week cruise down the bay with another boat. About 6 days later, having never touched land, we're heading up eastern bay, lazy day, Genoa out, kinda puffin along, everybody reading & laying about when all of the sudden my Son, who was about 9 at the time jumps up and yells SNAKE!! Needless to say, this is the last thing you think about dealing with on a sailboat......sure enough, poking out of the port coaming pocket is a big water snake! We scared the S**t out of him and Vice-versa.......Being the brave captain that I was I elected to get the critter under control.... He was coiled up way in the back of the compartment. Got a skewer and poked around the drain hole a bit and HERE HE COMES! Made a poor attempt at grabbing him around the neck(?), missed by six inches or so giving him enough room to coil around and grab me on the hand. Everybody is freaking out and screaming and running around the boat at this point....I finally wrassle him down and pull him out of the compartment to discover he's 5 feet long! Been on the boat all week! I'm standing there holding this snake, the family is finally laughing hysterically and, thinks me, can't let a good snake go to waste! A normal human being would have tossed him over the side, but no....We had plans for our friends in the other boat...(this could be a dark side of my personality). We stuffed the snake into a big tupperware bowl, stuck it up under the dodger and proceded to radio our friends about 1/4 mile behind us, that they'd left something on the boat...... Hours later we pull into St. Michaels. There's not much room to raft up, so we anchor separately and plan to dingy into the Maritime Museum and meet them....heh, heh, heh, we load the tupperware and head for shore. After a short presentation ceremony and lots more yelling, screaming, and running around (predictable) the snake slithers off into the rip-rap, presumably to live happily ever after and never, never, crawl up a mooring line ever again.... My daughter wrote the story up for our club newletter, which eventually got published in Spinsheet, the Bay sailing rag, and needless to say the good Ship "Heron" was pretty famous from that day on.....
Old 08-12-2001, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL!! Wonderful tale! Nothing is worse than a snake to get the adrenalin pumping!

And in your case, the ideas flowing!
Old 08-12-2001, 12:39 PM
Elder Member

Great story!!! I'm glad it ended on a happy note for all involved (including the snake)... ;-)
Old 08-12-2001, 12:48 PM

Both of these.... great stories! : ) I do hope your head feels better though! Ice packs.....
Old 08-12-2001, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default The really ironic thing was......>>>

The night before we were in a cove with about 15 other boats. We spied one of our club buddies and my son and I dinghy'd over. We were chatting and the discussion of pets came up (they had a terrier on board). My son had asthma and we said we could not have hairy pets. Somehow reptiles came up and he related the story of how the brown snakes took over the island of Guam. They apparently came in on a ship, multiplied rapidly, killed off all the rodents and were coming up through toilets the infestation was so bad (true story). The NEXT day we discover the snake on board........Spooky!

Quick Reply: OT: What I did last night. Very long.