TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ouch >>

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ouch >>

<ul><li><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/10/13/pluggedin_Taylor_Audi.fortune/index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/10/13/pluggedin_Taylor_Audi.fortune/index.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate CNN....They are the first to hype or overstate everything for ratings in a highly-->

competative news market
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 PM

Default word... just about every US media outlet is the same...

especially Mr.Murdoch's dabbling in the world of news media.

But I digress... obviously the author of that article has never owned or even driven a newer Audi, probably writes his assignments from the comfort of his desk chair, looking at stat sheets, etc. I expect Audi to do really well in the future, aggresive sales should naturally follow their new aggresive front ends.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 AM

Just another marque as far as I'm concerned. Not wedded to it.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

its all the same Bs.......watch PBS or listen to NPR.......or BBC america
Old 10-25-2006, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Could be...

they based the report on actual customer experiences - they could have used Audiworld as research.

Audi has poor quality - MAFs, coil packs, temp sensors, instrument clusters, sway bar bushings, water pumps, timing belt tensioners, rear control arm joints, fuel level senders and odd thumps and clunks are just a few of the common issues with TTs, most of which Audi has failed to address adequately.

Dealer service and support sux. There are lots of horror stories about dealers being unable to properly diagnose problems, so they just throw parts at it. Just as often, real problems are dismissed as "problem not found," or "they all do that." Call AoA about a well-known issue, and they'll act as if it's the first time they've ever heard about it.

And Audi hasn't shown in any way that they are concerned or doing anything about the way things are.

Talk to someone who has a Lexus. _If_ they've had a problem (you may need to talk to several owners), ask them how the dealer's service department treated them, and how the issue was resolved. It's easy to figure out why Lexus is doing well, and Audi not.

Unfortunately, Lexus cars simply aren't as interesting, IMHO.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Shoddy engineering and poor customer service don't help either.

Defective timing belt tensioners, plastic impellers and instument panel clusters that don't work after four replacements tend disrupt owner loyalty.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah.. and i'm not digging the $430 for a new throttle body either.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:16 AM

Default Until the TT and now the R8 and the RS4 somewhat they didn't have anything to turn heads

The heart of their lineup was the A# line, mainly the A4 and to say it's styling was understated is a huge understatement. There was no styling, it was just there.
They've got a long ways to go and improving their car line up is just one minor step. Until they improve their reliability, their dealership network and their customer relations they're still going to be in for a struggle.

Trent (all just my opinion of course)
Old 10-25-2006, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Or you could click the link in my sig ;-)

Quick Reply: ouch >>