TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Passenger Window stuck up; after dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Window stuck up; after dead battery

2002 TT Roadster Quatro, parked for a few weeks under its cover. The battery died at some point. At first the trunk and fuel door wouldn't open. That's now resolved itself. But the passenger window won't open. It's "stuck" in the up position. It doesn't open that little bit when the door is opened, and it doesn't open that little bit more when the top is lowered or raised. I can hear a click when the window switch is pushed either up or down, on either the passenger or driver door. But it doesn't move.

I suspect it's still related to the security system and the battery failure. But how to reset it?

I did just replace the battery. So the voltage is good. And, everything else is working.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tgrichards
2002 TT Roadster Quatro, parked for a few weeks under its cover. The battery died at some point. At first the trunk and fuel door wouldn't open. That's now resolved itself. But the passenger window won't open. It's "stuck" in the up position. It doesn't open that little bit when the door is opened, and it doesn't open that little bit more when the top is lowered or raised. I can hear a click when the window switch is pushed either up or down, on either the passenger or driver door. But it doesn't move.

I suspect it's still related to the security system and the battery failure. But how to reset it?

I did just replace the battery. So the voltage is good. And, everything else is working.

Kind of disappointed that I didn't get a reply. For the benefit of others: It turns out this was a "simple" case of the security/alarm module having to "relearn" the window function. We did all the recommended cures: hold the switch up, then hold it down, then use the key in the lock, holding it left or right depending on which door, disconnet the battery and reconnect, stand on one leg and spit before sitting in the passenger seat and holding the window button while slamming the door closed, repeatedly.

In the end, we just had to wait, and eventually, after about ten days, the module and the window decided they'd work together again. And so it goes...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tgrichards

For the benefit of others: It turns out this was a "simple" case of the security/alarm module having to "relearn" the window function. We did all the recommended cures: hold the switch up, then hold it down, then use the key in the lock, holding it left or right depending on which door, disconnect the battery and reconnect, stand on one leg and spit before sitting in the passenger seat and holding the window button while slamming the door closed, repeatedly.

In the end, we just had to wait, and eventually, after about ten days, the module and the window decided they'd work together again. And so it goes...