TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

PCS Phones

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-1999, 08:12 AM
Bill Ray

Default PCS Phones

OK, here's a question about the "pre-wired cell phone." I use a PCS phone from Voicestream. Is the "pre-wired" option of any use to PCS phones?<p>Thanks!
Old 08-09-1999, 08:48 AM
no Bill the pre-wired option is for analog ONLY...

Default Re: PCS Phones

<br>This little snafu cost me the use of my car for a week and at a cost of over $900. to make it work as I had to purchase both Nokia Hands-free kit along with Audis to make the install look 'original'. Tthe rooftop antenna on the car gives a "no signal" on any digital phone. Still trying to find a work-around on that one as I detest running that black coat-hander-wire-with-a-brazed-BB-on-the-tip off the rear pass. side window. I cant believe Audi, BMW and Mercedes (I found out) are all still doing "pre-wires" for analog only.
Old 08-09-1999, 09:03 AM
Denny

M, wouldn't it be easier to just surgically implant the phone in your skull ?? Sorry, couldn't resist (nt)
Old 08-09-1999, 09:06 AM
Bill Ray

Default Re: M, wouldn't it be easier to just surgically implant the phone in your skull ?? Sorry, couldn't resist (nt)

If only I could!!!
Old 08-09-1999, 09:08 AM
Bill Ray

Default PCS Phone Snafu

Ack!<p>Does Audi have any plans to fix this?? I definately don't want to give up my digital phone service, nor do I want to spend $900 to make it work! Ouch!<p>At least I won't be making a purchase until January...maybe this is one the glitches they'll have fixed.<p>Thanks for the information.<p>B.
Old 08-09-1999, 09:17 AM
yes... you can... your phone makers hands free kit

Default Re: PCS Phone Snafu

<br>
Old 08-09-1999, 09:22 AM
nice wires Denny! think those might pick up a digi

Default Re: M, wouldn't it be easier to just surgically implant the phone in your skull ?? Sorry, couldn't resist (nt)

<br>
Old 08-09-1999, 09:28 AM
Denny

Great marketing concept -- offers support, flashing alarm, multi-drectional antennae and hands free dialing. (nt)
Old 08-09-1999, 09:33 AM
mne

Default not to mention stereo reception AND bi-amplification (nt)

x
Old 08-09-1999, 09:34 AM
Chuck Caldarale

Default Re: M, wouldn't it be easier to just surgically implant the phone in your skull ?? Sorry, couldn't resist

It's time to go rent a movie: "The President's Analyst", with James Coburn and Godfrey Cambridge. Great late 60's paranoia, and it is very pertinent to Denny's comment. There's even a scene in there for the sound system junkies.<p> - Chuck<br>

Quick Reply: PCS Phones