TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Please read.. Not TT related. Explains the Middle East conflict with facts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ND4SP perhaps you should move this over to the OT forum...
Old 04-10-2002, 02:10 PM

Default To make a post OT check off the the "Mark post as Off Topic" box prior to posting..otherwise

your post can be re-designated off topic which generates an emial listing the changed thread.
Old 04-11-2002, 08:22 AM

Default The argument of "they were there first" isn't necessarily always valid...

...look at the situation in the US. Were we here first? Does the land rightfully belong to those who were?
Are you sure that Muslims pray with their back to Jerusalem? I thought they were facing Mecca.
Also, I'm not sure I agree when you say that the Kuran teaches hate. From what I know of the Kuran, the Bible and the Tora, they can be interpreted in many ways - depending on your perception of the reading, it can teach you tolerance or hate.
I don't want to take sides in the Middle-Eastern conflict. I have the feeling that the media are presenting only one side of the story, but that's fairly typical of them. My take on this is that religions should be teaching tolerance and oecumenism. I realize it's hard to tolerate another religion when there is a physical threat coming from it. But I don't understand how people who are not directly affected by the conflict can have so much intolerance for another religion. There should not be any rivalries between religions. I was talking to a Jewish co-worker the other day and she told me that France is unsafe because there are "so many Arabs". For her, Muslim = Arab = Terrorist. First, the Muslims in France are not Arabs, they are from the Maghreb (as I'm sure you know, being from Morocco, you lucky ba$tard, what a beautiful country!). Second, does she have *one* reason why *she* hates Muslims? Solidarity with people that she is completely unrelated to, except by religion? Unfortunately, it is feelings and prejudices like these that fuel the conflict.
My 2 cents...
(I hope I'm not offending anyone)