TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Plenty of TT's in Amsterdam....but many more of "these"

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh, I hate fries w/mayo. I prefer stuffed Broodjes. No, no mats yet, but I'm in no hurry. :-)
Old 05-28-2002, 12:55 PM

Default Hmmm....That kinda suprises me.....I got the impression that Pete was mailing them BEFORE I left....

You may wish to give Stratmosphere a call for status....Keep me in the loop....
Old 05-28-2002, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nothing as serious as Vishal's...

Long story short...

1) The instrument cluster in my car went nuts. It used to beep and flash intermittently until the car warmed up on rainy/humid days. More recently, it started beeping incessantly, for as long as 40 minutes, each and every time I started the car.

2) The windshield suffered from a stress fracture, that was blamed on an infinitesimally small rock that struck the glass below the windshield wiper. My insurance company then refused to cover the claim (something I'm still working with them to resolve) based on the cost of installation.

3) Someone hit my car along the edge of the driver's door. The car was parked at the end of a row with the driver's door facing away from any traffic or parked cars. I hadn't cut anyone off or taken anyone's space. I actually think someone hit the car with their fist because the dent was too low to be caused by a shopping cart and there wasn't even the slightest scratch in the paint. The PDR guy could only repair the dent to 95% because of its location. For the time being, I'm living with it, but the door will eventually need to be repainted and fixed properly.

4) My car is BACK at Audi for a second time to have the instrument cluster and radio replaced. (a) They forgot to tell me to bring all of my keys in to have them recoded for the new cluster, and I can't get there before closing, so I have to pick up the car tomorrow (and wait there for an hour to have the work done), and (b) They still haven't received the radio, so I have to bring it back in for service at some point "in the near future".

All seemingly pedantic, little things that have added up to be a big pain in the butt!!

-Eric
Old 05-28-2002, 01:02 PM

Okey-dokey. I left a message for Pete. Really, though, it's not a rush.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:32 PM

Default Ugh...Sorry to hear....I hope in the end everything is fixed right!!!! That first "ping" "ding" "

"dent" is a killer....

The good news is....you got the first one...it was small....and now YOU WON"T GET ANYMORE....(fingers crossed)....