TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Poor Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2000, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Factory Alarm

Question :What if one reaches in through an open window and sets of the alarm then fastly pushes the open door button in the middleconsole , doesnt this deactivate the alarm ?

I have heard that you easily can also deactivate the alarm manipulating the door lockcylinder with a screwdriver for example ( Audi is told to have very poor locks, known problem in A4 mod)

I have an extra alarm in my TT180 that is conected to the sentral locking and use this one to close the car, this alarm is activated even if i open the car with the key unlike the factory alarm !

I also have seperate immobilizer that is deactivated by pushing a combination of buttons of the original electrical circuits, this one is activated again if I leave the car with the motor running (connected to the door open sensor) and shuts the car of after 45 seconds ( good if you are forced out of the car with ignition key in, robber wont get far )
Old 05-05-2000, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Poor Factory Alarm

Ps
The extra alarm have :
Motion sensor
Glass sensor
Pager
quicksilver sensor (if someone tries to elevate the car , steal tires..
Old 05-05-2000, 01:56 AM

Default I beg to differ

A recent article from UK's AutoExpress did a large security test on most cars on UK roads:

The 50-car test, carried out by Auto Express and security firm Market Lock and Safe, included the UK’s top-selling cars, plus the latest models on the market. One of these, the Fabia, claimed the ‘most secure car’ title after experts gave up trying to break in after five minutes. But the Jaguar took only eight seconds to crack, while the Mercedes failed to last three seconds!

Auto Express editor in chief David Johns said: “We have shown that 60 per cent of Britain’s most popular models can be broken into within two minutes, using tools easily available to any thief. Even more worryingly, half the cars were cracked within 25 seconds and a third were opened in less than 10 seconds.”

Their results for the TT, although now removed from the web-site (to make you buy the mag!) were 5 mins +.

I would presume the 'door-unlock' button in the centre consol only works if the doors were previously locked by that button.
Old 05-05-2000, 02:12 AM

Surely the open door button will not work without the key in the ignition, and even if it does this will not switch off the alarm.
Old 05-05-2000, 03:00 AM

what extra alarm?????

Rich
Old 05-05-2000, 03:26 AM

Default Isn't closing the window an easier and cheaper option than buying and installing a 2nd alarm?!

.... its an air conditioned car after all and doesn't need to be left with windows open.
Old 05-05-2000, 03:26 AM

Re what extra alarm ????

Answer: DEFA alarm (norwegian)
Old 05-05-2000, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Isn't closing the window an easier and cheaper option than buying and installing a 2nd alarm?!

Yeah .. bright

Duh
Old 05-05-2000, 03:39 AM

Default Its called sarcasm!

Why the hell fit secondary and tertiary security devices when you're not using the primary ones Audi supply you with.

Smart!

Duh
Old 05-05-2000, 04:06 AM

Default Factory alarm waste of money...

While audis own is not worth crap !

My fathers A6 was recently stolen and never seen again , it had factory alarm and immobilizer....

And the factory alarm does NOT react on if the car is towed away nor if someone tries to steel the tires etc

And it sound like someone is honking the horn...

By the way the factory alarm is not aproved by swedish insurance companies, so thats another reason why....

etc

duh..

Quick Reply: Poor Factory Alarm