TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Post for Joe

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 05:39 PM
Arizona

Default Post for Joe

I responded to a post by Joe about all his problems with his TTQ. I entered a reply that said something like "Your car is f$%^&d up. Take it to the dealer". I notice that it all got deleted. I hope that Joe you did not get mad at my post. I meant nothing mean about it. I was just stating what appeared as fact. Since I do not spend all day on this board I do not know if there was a bunch of flaming going on before it got deleted. Anyway Joe accept my apology if this was a problem.
Old 01-31-2000, 06:05 PM
Joe

Default No problem at all

1) I would never be able to debate that comment. The car -is- f$%@#d up.

2) Actually I am rather difficult person to tick off. (Thus far, only the TTQ itself has managed that).

I didn't see the post, but no offense taken anyway.

Incidentally, I've kept my Feb 14th appointment with my original dealership (I'm halfway there by now anyway). That's the earliest opening they had, although I am going to call tomorrow just to see once again if anything can be done sooner.

There is another dealership about 15 miles away (Fairfield CT), and another a bit further in another direction (Danbury CT) but neither is convenient unless I want to take blocks of time off work to bring the car in, and both have told me that they reserve loaner cars for their own customers first. (For those not familiar with southwestern CT traffic patterns, neither of those alternate dealerships are an easy or quick drive from where I work).

My dealership will have a simple ultimatum: fix the top five issues on my list, or keep the car until they can. And in the meantime, I stopped by an Acura dealership after work to inquire about Type-R availability.

Someone once told me there are two types of Audis: those that are bulletproof, and those that have issues. And apparently those that some issues tend to have a lot of them. My instinct strongly suggests that I will always have issues with this car. So if the dealership can't fix the major ones this time, I'll simply sell the sob and buy something less frustrating. It's just not worth the aggravation.
Old 02-02-2000, 07:16 AM
Dustin "old wrecks and tickets" Petersen

Default Re: Insurance Premiums

I recieved 3 speeding tickets (over 15mph over the speed limit) and got into 3 major wrecks all before my 17th birthday. my last wreck was 2 days before I turned 17 and now I have no car. my premiums before the last wrecks were $1200 a year but that was for a 1987 for tempo that struggles to go 40 mph. on my 2nd wreck my friends head cracked the winshield and I drove off.