TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The power of prayer, and a BIG thank you to the TT forum>>>

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The power of prayer, and a BIG thank you to the TT forum>>>

A couple weeks back you guys pulled together and sent many prayers, thoughts, kind words and offers of friendship and love in a post dedicated to my little sister who had been in a terrible accident. You guys and gals have no idea how much all this has meant to me and my family. I feel I have so many friends here, even though I've never met a single one of you, and I just wanted to say Thank you... from deep down in the depths of my soul, thank you!

Not only did it help lift my spirits, knowing so many people out there cared and were pulling for her, but I do truely believe that the power of so many people comming together helped pull her though.

I know just saying thanks isnt anywhere near enough to repay everyone for their support and kindness, but perhaps this update will

As of monday night she has been removed from ICU to a regular floor in a regular room. She has come off oxygen, come off the feeding tube, come off the heart monitor, and all her catheters and drains have been removed except for one. She has come off Adavan, off the antibiotics, and off the morphine, her neck brace has been removed as well. Her liver has healed sufficiently already, and her only remaining injury is the pelvis fracture for which she will stay in traction (10lb weight hanging off a pin in her left knee) for 4 more weeks. She has been eating fried chicken, beans, mashed potatoes and other REAL food from the cafeteria.

She remembers the ENTIRE accident.... her and the fiance were fighting, they were speeding and not paying attention to the road when a car come flying off an onramp and almost hit them. She swerved, lost control across three lanes of traffic.. and when it hit the shoulder guardrail over it went. She remembers it flipping and her going out the window and it landing on her. She remembers being trapped and people trying to get her out, she remembers being pronounced dead, and the EMT that brought her back, she remembers the ambulance and when she first got to the hospital. She doesnt remember me being there

She has actually requested to call me, to talk and she is her fiesty self for all the trauma she's been through. The hardest part for her now is having to sit there and do nothing for 4 weeks (she's a mover and a shaker kind of type) When traction is over she'll be released to rehab and moved to Denver where my parents live.

So you see.... her recovery was quite miraculous.... she only had a 25% chance, and even a couple days before she was still in bad shape... then presto! wide awake and practically healed... all because of the people praying for her... all because of you guys!

So THANK YOU! and I am going to print that entire thread and let her read it
_______
Old 12-13-2001, 11:19 AM
Elder Member

So glad things turned around for her (and you)! It'll be a Merry Christmas after all.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:23 AM

Glad to hear she is ok...
Old 12-13-2001, 11:32 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: The power of prayer, and a BIG thank you to the TT forum>>>

When you first told me about this accident, I feared your sis might be a goner. The severity of injuries was so extreme. I've been on scene at a lot of horrific accidents, and if sis was as you described, usually the ending is not a happy one. It sounds as if she's making tremendous progress, and that news is fabulous.

With regard to your comment that she remembers being pronounced dead, years ago when I was a cop, I met a former SDPD officer who was shot in the face at point blank range while sitting in his patrol car. He was rushed to the OR, where a physicial pronounced him dead and told the attendants to take him away.

Another M.D. named Dr. Mulaney ran over, said "the hell he is!", and proceeded to save the officer's life. The officer heard every word of this, and was screaming inside that he wasn't dead, but was unable to communicate this. Understandably, Dr. Mulaney became somewhat of a hero to the local police.

My ex-girlfriend (the egger) also experienced a similar situation. She had ruptured a gall bladder and was in a coma for several months. Her condition deteriorated, and a priest was called in to administer her last rights to her. She was fully aware of what was happening, and could hear every word but not respond. Later, she came out of the coma and returned to normal health.

That's why if I am ever very sick or in a coma, I DO NOT want them to pull the plug. I want them to do everything possible to save my behind.

Anyway, GREAT news regarding sis, and we all hope that she continues to make outstanding progress.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:33 AM

Default Good news!

Hope she keeps working at a healthy recovery.

and for you, your friend at the dyno place sends regards.

Hope your new car works out, too.

motor gently
Old 12-13-2001, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great news Dani!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's really excellent news Dani. hmm fried chicked sounds good. Glad she's getting better.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:43 AM

Default Wonderful news... I'm so glad she's recovering.

I have to agree, there's definately somebody or something out there lookin out for us!

Good luck to you and your sister!
Old 12-13-2001, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wowser.. one fortunate young lady... happy for you and your family
Old 12-13-2001, 12:01 PM

Glad to hear she's getting better. How's her fiancee doing?

Quick Reply: The power of prayer, and a BIG thank you to the TT forum>>>